Energy Guide estimate for fridge 25% off.

On my post here on August 18th, I stated that the new fridge was defective, and I returned it for a replacement. Since then, I decided to return it for credit, and reinstall the repaired unit as it was now working OK. :rolleyes: Sooo, that's what I did! I didn't restart it for about 2 weeks, only to find it would not cool AGAIN! :angry: Called the same technician

(I'm a slow learner) to check it out, and guess what, no Freon! He recharged with 4.25 oz. and it worked fine, but we both knew it wasn't fixed. I told him to charge it again with the 250-300 psi nitrogen like he did before, and I would find the leak. He laughed, but said we would try, and after the charge,(250psi) he soaped it all up and said the leak must be in the casing where we can't get to it. I then pulled out my newly purchased "Inficon Whisperer" I used to locate air leaks on the Volvo, and BINGO, the new evaporator had a hole in one of the elbows about half way down on the back side! :wub: He even heard it without the ear phones. His response, "well I'll be damned, where did you get that thing?"

We now have another new evaporator on the way! Hope this is the last one. Long story huh? Thanks for all the comments. Dick T

2006 Volvo VNL 630(VED12 400HP)
10 speed autoshift,3.58 gear 236" twin screw, w/ET, Jackalopee, Blue Dot
2016 Space Craft 37'

Blu/Dot, Dexter 8K triple axel, HD Drum hydraulic brakes

Feather lite air ride
2005 Jeep Rubicon
2007 Suzuki DR 650

That's the one! With it I have found air leaks on the truck I have looked searched for a long time, and much soapy spray.

Dick T

2006 Volvo VNL 630(VED12 400HP)
10 speed autoshift,3.58 gear 236" twin screw, w/ET, Jackalopee, Blue Dot
2016 Space Craft 37'

Blu/Dot, Dexter 8K triple axel, HD Drum hydraulic brakes

Feather lite air ride
2005 Jeep Rubicon
2007 Suzuki DR 650

Archived