Canadian Internet just got more interesting

I just signed up with Rogers, on of the large wireless companies in Canada. They now offer a 100GB/month data package if you buy their wireless hub for $275. You start out with a 5gb/mo plan for $60 and they will automatically move you to the next plan up if you go over the limit. For me the important numbers are 50gb for $110 and 100gb for $145. Compare this to their standard hotspot plan that costs $145 for just 10gb. If you are a heavy user I dont think there is a plan anywhere in north america that compares to this. Their coverage is pretty good - limited experience so far but I'm thinking they are about as good as Telus but perhaps not quite as good as Bell. This plan is also month to month so when I travel south for the winter I can cancel and just pay a $20 reconnect fee next year. I just noticed a "add a phone line" deal that gives you voip over your hub for $35-40/month. I'm going to be starving all winter with only 20gb/month from Verizon!!

Rogers has good coverage along the southern Canadian border, but suffers huge gaps in coverage compared to either Bell or Telus, outside major metro areas. They're trying to catch up, but are significantly disadvantaged in my area.

I have been wrong before, I'll probably be wrong again. 

2000 Kenworth T 2000 w/N-14 and 10 speed Gen1 Autoshift, deck built by Star Fabrication
2006 smart fourtwo cdi cabriolet
2007 32.5' Fleetwood Quantum

Please e-mail us here.

• 2 weeks later...

As Darryl says, once you head a bit north Rogers is pretty hopeless.

George,
Suzuki Celerio 998cc

Yamaha NMAX scooter

Work ride is Western Star N2 Tri-Tri tanker at 56,500kg loaded

Archived