JUST STARTING THIS, NEED HELP

Welcome to the forum. We would like to help but you're going to have to be a lot more specific than that. What kind of information are you looking for? My suggestion would be to spend some time perusing the forum and asking questions about things you don't understand or want more information about.

2000 Volvo 770, 500HP/1650FP Cummins N14 and 10 Speed Autoshift 3.58 Rear 202" WB, 2002 Teton Aspen Royal 43 Foot, Burgman 650 Scooter

I'll also start by welcoming you to the Escapee forums! It is always good to have new folks join us here and helping each other is what Escapees and these forums are all about.

I'd suggest that you take some time and check out the links in the signature lines of those who post here to see the websites and blogs that contributors have there. You will find a lot of good information one many of them and some of us have told our story as fulltimers and how and where we traveled. I'll personally invite you to explore my own website.

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

On the subject of domicile, I suggest that you start by reading this article on choosing a domicile which was published in Escapees Magazine. Since you will be leaving CA and it is one of the more aggressive states on issues of tax collection, it will be important to get your new domicile address established soon and to start moving things to that new domicile as much as you possibly can. Then when you actually leave the state I suggest that you file an early, partial year income tax return as that basically serves as a formal notification to the state that you have moved out of state.

I also think that you probably would be wise to get some books on living full-time in an RV and reading those as well since they will help you to understand all of the issues that you will need to deal with as well as giving a range of ways to solve those issues. Most public libraries have several such books, usually in the reference section. You can also find a wide range of such books for sale on Amazon if you wish to purchase one to keep. There are many good ones out there.

If you tell us more about yourself and your plans, I'm sure that there are others here who have traveled much of the road you now face and who could give you a great deal of help.

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

Would also like to extend a welcome to you!! As someone that is also looking to gather information on RV's and the full time lifestyle I would echo the advice given above...read through all the posts and topics on this site and you will gain much knowledge and find answers to questions that you haven't even thought of asking yet!!!!

Archived