Microsoft confirms Cortana is coming to iPhones, Android

RV_

Excerpt:

"Microsoft is readying new Cortana companion apps for iPhones and Android devices that the company will introduce later this year.

Microsoft officials confirmed that Cortana is coming to non-Windows platforms -- as Microsoft Chief Experience Officer of Microsoft's Applications and Services Group Julie Larson-Green indicated it would last fall -- via a May 26 blog post.

A new Phone Companion app on Windows 10 PCs will help users install the Cortana app from the Google Play or Apple App Stores on their phones.

The Cortana app for iPhones and Android phones will be able to do "most of the things" Cortana does on Windows 10 PCs or Windows Phones, Microsoft officials said, including setting reminders, tracking flights and the like. Everything that users enable to show up in Cortana's Notebook will show up across Windows, Android and iOS devices.

There are things Cortana won't be able to do on iPhones and Android devices, such as toggling settings, opening apps; and responding hands-free when users say "Hey Cortana," Microsoft officials said. This is because Microsoft, at least for now, doesn't have the required access to the OS elements that are required for deeper-level integration."

More in the article here: http://www.zdnet.com/article/microsoft-confirms-cortana-is-coming-to-iphones-android/?tag=nl.e541&s_cid=e541&ttag=e541&ftag=TRE7ce1dc9

One of the first feedbacks at the bottom said

" User: "Siri, remind me to replace my broken iPhone screen the next time I am at the mall."

Siri: "I'm sorry, I don't understand mall, let me get Cortana for you." :lol:

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

Archived