Removing the Dinette

hdhawg1340

We have a 2007 Sunnybrook 5th wheel. We would like to take the dinette out. There is storage underneath that you can access from the outside also.

Does this mean there is a big hole under the dinette benches?

We don't want to start tearing it apart & run into something. Any help & pictures would be greatly appreciated.

Thank,

Lorri

Live everyday as if it were your last!

George & Lorri (Tori, Daisy & Alley Cat)

2007 Softail Springer CVO

2008 1200 Custom Sportster

2007 Sunnybrook Toy Hauler

2004 F250 Diesel Harley Davidson

If you mean there is an outside access to storage under one of the dinette benches, then, yes, if you take the dinette out you will be losing one outside storage area and you will have an outside storage door opening into the inside of your trailer. Doesn't sound like a great mod.

2007 Arctic Fox 32.5 rls for full-timing, now sold.

2014 Sunnybrook Sunset Creek 267rl for the local campgrounds now that we are off the road
2007 Silverado 2500 diesel

Loving Green Valley, AZ (just South of Tucson)

We had a similar issue swapping twin beds for a queen, there were two outside doors that opened up under the two beds. We ended up putting the queen sideways which let us keep the access doors under the mattress and out of sight.

You might be able to cover the accesses on the inside so they don't look too bad. Closing the outside doors, disabling any key or twist locks and sealing the opening with silicone should keep it dry. I'd add some insulation similar to what is in the rest of the walls too.

First rule of computer consulting:

Sell a customer a Linux computer and you'll eat for a day.

Sell a customer a Windows computer and you'll eat for a lifetime.

I removed the booth in my 5th and just put some insulation on the inside of the door and covered it with

some veneer with a wooden brace, top and bottom. Looks good to the girl I go with....

2003 Coachman Chaparal 276 RLS

2000 F250, 7.3l auto ext. cab 4x4

Archived