bedroom slide stuck

It is. The living room slide works fine. When you push the button to extend/retract the front slide you can here the motor try but it won't go. I have tried turning up the power to it from the control switch underneath by fuses and that did not work either. I was wondering if there is some kind of access to see if maybe the rails are stuck but I have not found one.

It is quite possible that the problem could be some sort of mechanical bind or other mechanical issue. I have no experience with an Alfa slide mechanism and there are several different methods of operation for a slide. If you are able to see how the front slide works, the rear should be about the same but smaller. Unfortunately, RVs are notorious for providing very poor access to things for servicing.

Perhaps someone on these forums who has Alfa experience will join in and help.

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

Guest Caseyj

Brandon -

It's very easy to bring a slide in manually and most manufactures supply a special wrench for accomplishing this. If you don't have one, a common socket wrench will do. It is not physically demanding but does require you to sit under your slide, locate the adjusting nut and turn it accordingly. Once the slide is in, you can than try using your electric motor. If it dosn't respond, you can than apply your attention to fuses, frayed wires or use a meter to trace the current flow. Some makes have a fuse that is enclosed in a rubber container usually mounted to the frame which can be difficult to find, so you will have to follow your hot wire under the rv. Inside you will find a push button about the size of a pencil lead that can be reset by pushing it in. However, it sounds like you have slide that is not square in it's tracks because as you say you can hear the motor activate. Perhaps using the manual method will be your best approach. At least, you will be able bring your slide in for further inspection and be safe to travel.

Brandon39Alfa. Not sure what the bedroom configuration is the toy hauler but in our Alfa Gold, lifting up the mattress, reveals a piece of paneling that covers the screw drive motor assembly. It is a very simple set-up if it is like ours. Also our bedroom slide doesn't have exposed rack and pinion rails. I have a friend whose Alfa bedroom slide wouldn't come in. We swapped the "out relay" with the "in relay" and the slide came in. The "in relay" was bad. If I can be of more help just PM me.

Thank you to everyone who actually read the post. I will look under the bed and see it there is access to the drive components. If its only a mechanical bind i can handle that. I am trying to sell it and no one is interested if the front slide will not extend. I won't be able to check for a couple of day but I will update this thread when possible. Thanks again!

I have inherited a 39' Alfa toyhouse and the bedroom slide is stuck in. I have read through the owners manual and it talks about getting it in manually but nothing about getting it in manually. Any ideas are welcome.

Ok, I'm lost here, is it stuck in, or out? If in, silly question, but have you released the slide lock(s)?

2003 Newmar Dutch Star 3802

'98 Ford Ranger

Slide locks are a set of securing mechanisms mounted at both ends of the slide. When the slide is in, they are pushed into the "Lock" position. Sometimes by hand, sometimes with the use of a tool that is made for them. this prevents the slide from going out while you are driving.

They are, on my unit at least, a hinged set of flat bars, with a locking plate. If you have them they would be about midway up the end wall of the slide, on what becomes the outside wall when the slide is out.

2003 Newmar Dutch Star 3802

'98 Ford Ranger

Archived