Low Overpass - Maybe a record?

earlvillestu

I wonder if any overpass anywhere can break this record:

"the road reopened Sunday night to most vehicles, but because of low clearance, semi-trailer trucks were detoured. Within two hours, at least three trucks unsuccessfully tried to squeeze under the bridge. By the following day a dozen more had hit the structure. It was closed again — this time for the duration of the four-month construction."

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/breaking/chi-irving-park-near-ohare-closed-state-blames-truckers-20150324-story.html

That intersection SW of O'Hare is a traffic nightmare only compounded by the RR tracks. The bridge was needed 20 years ago. Now because of the dumb a**es who can't read signs it will be closed for four months. Even the picture in the Trib shows a BIG YELLOW sign that says 12' 6" right above the semi jammed under the bridge. I have no sympathy for idiots like that, hope they all received stiff fines!

Dennis & Nancy
Tucson, AZ in winter, on the road in summer.

1999 Volvo 610 "Bud" 425 HP Volvo, Super 10 spd.
2005 Mountain Aire 35 BLKS
2013 smart fortwo CityFlame riding on Bud
(Replaced '05 smart first loaded in '06

and '11 smart that gave it's life to save me!)
Our Travel Blog

I watched a guy drive a Uhaul van into a parking deck one day. He didn't make it 3' into the deck, even though he was going about 10 MPH. I was literally standing about 30' from him when he tried it. His wife got out of the van behind him and laid into him like a spoiled child. Bad day for him, but an entertaining day for me.

"Willy Mammoth" - Volvo 730, Sold

Heartland Cyclone 4000 Toy Hauler
T-Minus 26 years and counting to being a full timer.

Archived