Gearing up to head out.

jsimpson5

Hi everyone!

My family and I are excited about starting our new lifestyle. Our situation seems to be a bit different, but not unheard of. We're a family of five, which consists of my wife and me, three boys, plus 2 cats. We are in the process of packing, storing, selling, donating, and trashing all our belongs so we can load up and start full-timing it. Our plan is to travel all 50 states over the next ??? years and show our boys their country. We're homeschooling them, so this will be like the ultimate field trip!

We've been planning this trip for nearly a year and a half, and we're finally about to start!! By the end of March (maybe middle) we're going to be pulling up stakes and heading out.

We're currently south of Houston and with the rest of the country in a deep freeze, we might be staying in TX just a little longer. Then we'll be starting our journey, north making stops to visit with family for a while. This summer will be a trip up through Canada and around Alaska.

Sounds like the adventure of a lifetime! What RV do you have? The biggest problem we had was finding room for everything. Good luck with that.

GS Lifetime #822128658, FMCA #F431170

2012 Airstream Mercedes Interstate Extended Class B

Welcome to our world. Visiting museums, natural and historical sights are my favorite way of learning. You and your family should have a great time doing just that. Hiking and water sports are better than gym class any day. :)

Linda Sand

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

And welcome to you. If you haven't heard of them yet I suggest Rolling in a RV The author visits some excellent, informative places and writes up some short reports on each, usually including photos. Might be an excellent resource for you and your kids for trip ideas.

Berkshire XL 40QL

Camphosting and touring

Sounds like the adventure of a lifetime! What RV do you have? The biggest problem we had was finding room for everything. Good luck with that.

Definitely a great adventure! We have a class A Gas with bunks. Lots of storage inside, reasonable amount external...still have to figure out where to put everything!

Welcome to our world. Visiting museums, natural and historical sights are my favorite way of learning. You and your family should have a great time doing just that. Hiking and water sports are better than gym class any day. :)

Linda Sand

We're really looking forward to all that! Definitely!! I'd much rather the boys go on hikes with us across a battlefield than be stuck running back and forth in a gym class somewhere.

And welcome to you. If you haven't heard of them yet I suggest Rolling in a RV The author visits some excellent, informative places and writes up some short reports on each, usually including photos. Might be an excellent resource for you and your kids for trip ideas.

I'll definitely check them out, thanks!

Welcome to the Escapee forums! It is great to have you join us and while the majority here may be retired, very few of us have always been that way as most started to RV with children still at home. There are others who are on the road with families and several on the forums now who do or have done so. I'd encourage you to also visit some of the many websites & blogs of those who contribute to the forums as they offer some very good information, advice, new ideas. You can easily find them by a live link in the signature lines of many of us who are active here!

You should also be aware of a new effort in the Escapee organization to reach out to the younger RV community and traveling families that is coming with the introduction of an all new website which has been announced just two days ago at the annual Escapade. The site is presently in the beta testing mode but should be going live very shortly.

Welcome!

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

Congrats on your new adventure. How exciting for your kids. They will get a great education. You can take them to so many historical sights. We'll be heading out on our adventure about the same time as you!!

It's all fine and dandy until someone's marshmallow catches fire!

2015 Ford F-250 6.2L (She ain't diesel but she hauls ass!)

2012 Jayco Pinnacle 36KPTS

Http://www.5thwheelgypsy.blogspot.com

You should also be aware of a new effort in the Escapee organization to reach out to the younger RV community and traveling families that is coming with the introduction of an all new website which has been announced just two days ago at the annual Escapade. The site is presently in the beta testing mode but should be going live very shortly.

Thanks Kirk! We've been heavily utilizing the blogs and information from others that are already doing this. Such great resources. I'd heard about the Xscapers club, but hadn't had a chance to check it out yet.

Congrats on your new adventure. How exciting for your kids. They will get a great education. You can take them to so many historical sights. We'll be heading out on our adventure about the same time as you!!

Thanks we're all very excited! Maybe we'll see you on the road!

Archived