RV_

I received this today from my local AFSA (Air Force Sergeants Association) chapter newsletter. I have sent in my comments and pass along the info FYI.

AFSA Legislative Update

Dear AFSA members I need your combat action skills to fight against the loss of benefits! It's this simple.

CLICK on: http//www.hqafsa.org/legislative.html

CLICK on Access the Action Center Here

CLICK Take Action HR 303 - Retired Pay Restoration Act (Concurrent Receipt)

Representative Gus Bilirakis has reintroduced legislation in the 114th Congress that would end the offset of earned retired pay by VA disability compensation for retirees rated as less than 50 percent disabled (concurrent receipt). As in past years, the bill number is H.R. 303.

Currently, only retirees with combat-related injuries or those who are rated as 50 percent or more are authorized full concurrent receipt. Retirees rated less than 50 percent continue to lose a dollar of their retired pay for each dollar in VA disability received for the foreseeable future.

AFSA members should contact their Representative in Washington and urge them to support this important legislation.

Fill out the information for your Congressman. They will need your address! HIT SEND e-mail Then you have CLICK, CLICK, CLICK, and BOOM!- fought for your current or future benefits. Make a difference in the AFSA fight to support HR 303 - Retired Pay Restoration Act (Concurrent Receipt) I also need your legislative week plans e-mailed to myself or division president. Thank you all for what you do and the sacrifices you have made for this great country.

(This written for active duty and retired military members. AFSA is primarily active duty members with a growing number of life members who are now retired like me. Like MOAA (Military Officers Association of America,) it serves the active duty folks, retirees and vets as well.)

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

You may want to remind folks that sometimes they may not be happy with the results of their voting patterns.

Safe Travels!

SKP #89742 - Lifetime membership - Member of the SKP Class of 2007
Good Sam Club - Lifetime Member
DataStorm #5423
Passport America - Lifetime Member
Sons Of The American Revolution (SAR) - Lifetime Member
American Legion - USAF - Lifetime Member
Rotary Club Member - 30 years

Escapee CARE Supporter

National Wildlife Refuge Volunteer

Archived