proportioning valve

SnaykeByte

When eliminating all traces of service air fror a trailer, should the control port of the BP-R1 be left open to atmosphere of plugged?

"JOE DIRT"--1994 Volvo WIA64TES VED12, 425HP, SUPER 10, SINGLED, 370 REARS, DOMETIC AUXILLARY A/C, ONAN QD10000 GENNY
2006 Fleetwood Wilderness Advantage AX6 40ft
"I'm not in right now.......I'm out finding myself. If I get back before I return, leave me a message and one of us will get back to you..??"

I'm right 97% of the time.........and nobody cares about the other 4%

If I understand the system correctly, from the factory the control port is pressurized when you push in the valve to pressurize the trailer and that tells the BP-R1 that a trailer is present and to make the rear brakes 1 to 1 for the extra weight on the drives. The reason I'm asking, when I singled it and eliminated all of the air plumbing for the trailer I think I plugged the control port. The issue I am having is that the rear wheels lock up with moderate brake application on dry road, let alone wet. I'm thinking if it is infact plugged, that would just make it a relay valve instead of a proportioning valve. I'm fairly sure the crack pressure is 4 psi so I may have to change it to a 5 or 6 if I remove the plug and the problem persists. Make sense?

"JOE DIRT"--1994 Volvo WIA64TES VED12, 425HP, SUPER 10, SINGLED, 370 REARS, DOMETIC AUXILLARY A/C, ONAN QD10000 GENNY
2006 Fleetwood Wilderness Advantage AX6 40ft
"I'm not in right now.......I'm out finding myself. If I get back before I return, leave me a message and one of us will get back to you..??"

I'm right 97% of the time.........and nobody cares about the other 4%

Archived