Dutchmen Infinity

Chalkie

I did a search and found a couple of threads regarding the Dutchmen Infinity. Those were locked, I presume since they were so old.

We have a 2013 Infinity 3640RL that we bought new at "end of season" for what we thought was a good price. It was our first fifth wheel but we were already familiar with fivers as the DW's parents had owned them for years and we borrowed theirs frequently.

Thus far we have been very pleased with this trailer. It has a good floor plan and many other features that we thought we wanted; like a residential sized king size bed, a full sized shower with bench (not a little corner thing), a very well equipped kitchen, and a desk.

We have since discovered other features we like such as the fireplace. It really will heat the whole place in temps down to the 40's.

So far we have had no issues. Well, to be totally honest, not issues that I could not easily remedy (loose trim here and there, etc). The only upgrades we have done is adding a second a/c (we bought it Colorado and who need a/c there much at all?) and got rid of the "china bombs" in favor of Goodyear G614's.

The purpose of this extended post is to see if there other Infinity owners haunting these forums. I have to admit, in our travels we rarely see them on the highway. In campgrounds we have received many compliments. We love ours and I am curious about the experiences of others. Are there others here??

SignatureNewest.jpg.a1bc8322b0862056fd28e25d5b1458db.jpg

Gary,

We had a 2012 Infinity 3750FL until 2 days ago...We traded it for a 2015 DRV Elite Suites 38RSSA. Ours was a front living unit and we loved the living room size and the bedroom size on ours but the kitchen was too small with 2 people trying to work at the same time. That was basically our ONLY major "livability" problem with the fiver. We did have a few minor issues but they were fixed quickly and If it were not for a few RV shows and a VERY good salesman, I might be sleeping in that Infinity tonight instead of the DRV.

I will admit everyone usually noticed us when I walked outside with the remote and put out 5 slides and the awning right after the levelup system was done setting us up. I will miss that remote and the remote door lock. One thing I will not miss is the AC noise in the living room, our new coach has ducted AC and it is a lot quieter. All in all though, the Infinity is a very good coach and one that a lot of people are not that aware of.

2017 Kenworth T680
2015 DRV 38RSSA Elite Suites
2016 Smart Prime

We have been pleased with ours. One of the things the DW liked was that the floor plan did NOT have an island for the kitchen sink. It is more a peninsula arrangement. It offers more cabinets and still allows us to cook together as we can do prep from either side.

Everyone will have their own opinion of what is good and what is not. The floor plan works quite well for us. We are looking at the possibility of full-timing in perhaps a 2 or 3 years down the road, in which case we will likely move to something else.

SignatureNewest.jpg.a1bc8322b0862056fd28e25d5b1458db.jpg

Archived