Late start

ronpeck

OK time to go. DW and I are setting out on our full time adventure, we have been married 50 years next July....we are getting our ducks in order, like selling off a collection of 13 motorcycles, a shop full of tools, a couple of cars, a house, current Desert Fox TH and endless stuff.

We are headed to Las Vegas to the Bonhams and Mecham auctions to sell a couple of our vintage bikes (a 1947 Indian Chief and a 1966 Triumph Street Tracker). We will be stopping on the way there and back to scout out our new home.

We are leaning towards the Voltage 3800. I really like the DRV Full House except the garage, at 10' won't hold our motorcycles, bicycles, tools and washer/drier plus it only holds 100 gallons of water compared to 160 in the Voltage.

This will be our third toy hauler, so we kind of know what we are looking for. We intend to boondock as much as possible and this TH looks like the one. What say ye?

Cheers,

Check out forks RV as well. Message me with any questions.

2009 Volvo 780. D-16 500hp 1850 torque with a Herrin hauler bed.

2015 Continental Coach

2008 650cc Suzuki Bergman

2013 Mustang GT 500 convertible

2014 Smartcar convertible

WWW.Hollyfab.com. (Metal Fabrication Company)

Jamesc@hollyfab.com (preferred contact method)

Welcome to the Escapee forums! We have quite a few bikers here but not many with the collection that you have.

The New Horizons was my first thought also for getting exactly what you want in a toy hauler. They will build you pretty much anything that you want, but you do need to make sure to have plenty of truck to tow them with.

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

If you have questions on New Horizons we can help you. Take a look at the info on our website.

The three I'd recommend for custom are: New Horizons, Forks RV, and Spacecraft.

All of them are heavy. All of them are totally custom - and I mean totally. Every cabinet and fixture, and of course floorplan, is exactly as you specify. Box size and access methods are yours to specify, etc. They can be as basic or as luxurious as you want, or as your budget allows. Pricing from High to low (in general) will be Forks, New Horizons, Spacecraft. Forks and NH will be pretty close in price and petty well above the Spacecraft. You would not go wrong with any of them. None of them will be under $160K, actual price, for a larger toy hauler optioned out. And they could/would be significantly more, depending on how you customize and the amount of equipment. All will build out into the 52' range.

Forks and Spacecraft will do a semi-based coach as well as a conventional 5er. For a toyhauler the semi would have a step-deck. Or a power gate. NH does conventional 5er framing only. If you want to discuss the merits of both approaches you can email me - or with any questions you might have.

These are heavy coaches. You do get a significantly better structure than production coaches. ALL will require at least a Dodge 5500 to pull. Minimum. I recommend an HDT, for flexibility and cost savings.

Jack & Danielle Mayer #60376 Lifetime Member
Living on the road since 2000

PLEASE no PM's. Email me. jackdanmayer AT gmail
2016 DRV Houston 44' 5er (we still have it)
2022 New Horizons 43' 5er
2016 Itasca 27N 28' motorhome 
2019 Volvo 860, D13 455/1850, 236" wb, I-Shift, battery-based APU
No truck at the moment - we use one of our demo units
2016 smart Passion, piggyback on the truck
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
See our website for info on New Horizons 5th wheels, HDTs as tow vehicles, communications on the road, and use of solar power
www.jackdanmayer.com
Principal in RVH Lifestyles. RVH-Lifestyles.com

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived