New Horizons 5th Wheel Trailers

GoldRush

Can some tell me what the differences are in the various generation trailers/models from New Horizons. I've run across a few from the mid-2000's that look nice but I don't know if the build quality is of the same standard as the current models. If anyone has first hand knowledge on these models share your experiences and things to look for that may be known issues with those models.

Contact me by email and I can help you out. Address is in our profile, or look at my website.

In general, they are all very well built - and heavy. The technology changed somewhat over time, and the decor and standard items changed as well. The big changes started when Phil and Karen bought the company in 2004 (if I recall right). The changes in the Majestic line - which started in 2009 - are pretty well documented on my website. The Summit line - which preceded the widebody Majestic line - was the first major upgrade to the Classic New Horizons, which was the original product. The Summit generally has fiberglass end caps, although that is not 100% the case.

Jack & Danielle Mayer #60376 Lifetime Member
Living on the road since 2000

PLEASE no PM's. Email me. jackdanmayer AT gmail
2016 DRV Houston 44' 5er (we still have it)
2022 New Horizons 43' 5er
2016 Itasca 27N 28' motorhome 
2019 Volvo 860, D13 455/1850, 236" wb, I-Shift, battery-based APU
No truck at the moment - we use one of our demo units
2016 smart Passion, piggyback on the truck
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
See our website for info on New Horizons 5th wheels, HDTs as tow vehicles, communications on the road, and use of solar power
www.jackdanmayer.com
Principal in RVH Lifestyles. RVH-Lifestyles.com

GoldRush,

Jack is the right person to answer your questions. He has owned a couple New Horizons. He is also a New Horizon Ambassador. You could also call New Horizon itself. I have called them a couple of times and talked to Drew. His mom and dad own the company. He was a good guy that answered all of my questions. When I was looking for a trailer, New Horizon was at the top of the list.

Good luck in your shopping,

Al

PS, My trailer is a 2007 New Horizon

2012 Volvo VNL 630 w/ I-Shift; D13 engine; " Veeger "
  Redwood, model 3401R ; 5th Wheel Trailer, " Dead Wood "
    2006 Smart Car " Killer Frog "

I ordered my Summit in October 2003 and picked up in April 2004 from Phil and Drew.

It was one of the earliest Summits.

Although I'm happy with it, they are really improving it with every minor and major change.

2004 Peterbilt 385

2004 New Horizon 41 foot fiver

One Trek for chores and one for fun

At the present time you can think of the New Horizons product line in the following way:

There is a standard body or a wide body.

There is a Summit trim level, or a Majestic trim level.

You can specify either in either body size. So you can put a Majestic trim/equipment level onto a narrow body, if that is your preference. There are simply more features included in the Majestic package than in the Summit.

Jack & Danielle Mayer #60376 Lifetime Member
Living on the road since 2000

PLEASE no PM's. Email me. jackdanmayer AT gmail
2016 DRV Houston 44' 5er (we still have it)
2022 New Horizons 43' 5er
2016 Itasca 27N 28' motorhome 
2019 Volvo 860, D13 455/1850, 236" wb, I-Shift, battery-based APU
No truck at the moment - we use one of our demo units
2016 smart Passion, piggyback on the truck
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
See our website for info on New Horizons 5th wheels, HDTs as tow vehicles, communications on the road, and use of solar power
www.jackdanmayer.com
Principal in RVH Lifestyles. RVH-Lifestyles.com

Archived