Coolant sight glass.

Jimalberta

Hi everyone...another small problem....lol. I have come to the conclusion that RVs are always going to require hands on repairs and maintenance on an almost daily basis.

Anyhow the problem.......on my coolant tank there is a plastic sight glass that will show me the coolant and thereby inform me that there is indeed coolant in the tank. This darn sight glass keeps working loose and seeping and as a result I lose coolant gradually. I have tightened this sight glass at least 5 times now and even replaced the O-ring but it still works its way loose. Has anyone else here experienced this? I am contemplating using a type of thread locker on it ...just want to make sure that the threadlocker will not destroy this plastic sight glass. Anyone?

<p>....JIM and LINDA......2001 American Eagle 40 '.towing a GMC Sierra 1500 4X4 with RZR in the rear. 1999 JEEP Cherokee that we tow as well.

IT IS A CONTENTED MAN WHO CAN APPRECIATE THE SCENERY ALONG A DETOUR.

Interesting. We just had ours replaced at Spartan Chassis in Charlotte, Michigan and they have been having a vendor issue with them that sounds very similar.

2004 40' Newmar Dutch Star DP towing an AWD 2020 Ford Escape Hybrid, Fulltimer July 2003 to October 2018, Parttimer now.
Travels through much of 2013 - http://www.sacnoth.com - Bill, Diane and Evita (the cat)

Thats what I'm thinking Ronbo...any ideas of whether it would harm the plastic?

<p>....JIM and LINDA......2001 American Eagle 40 '.towing a GMC Sierra 1500 4X4 with RZR in the rear. 1999 JEEP Cherokee that we tow as well.

Went to do the repair today , after removing the sight glass I found the threads pretty much shot so I put a 1/2 inch pipe plug in for now until I locate a new part....cheers.

• 3 weeks later...

Well I searched Las Vegas and no one had that darn sight glass so phoned Spartan and had one shipped to me.....it arrived yesterday and I installed it today......done deal finally.

Archived