please help finding our fifth wheel 29-32'

defboater

Appreciate your help in finding our first fiver! We sold our much loved trailer and are searching for the perfect fiver between 29' and 32' for our journey. We will be snowbirds next winter then back to the northeast for the summer. After that, our journey begins!

Edited budget and year info because of great, insightful comments from members here, thank you!

We are searching for the perfect fiver that has no step from bed to bathroom (scared of that night fall) and at least 1 nightstand.

A wish list for the cook includes a wardrobe slide, middle kitchen with as much counter space as possible and refrig not in a slide. This cook would love an outdoor kitchen and a closet near the door.

W found a 2013 Wildcat 293REX, 2012 Sundance XLT 3000CK, 2012 Forest River 8282WS and a Keystone Laredo 25RL.

Would sincerely appreciate any advice from the members here.

2008 Carriage Cameo F31KS3

Mor Ryde

Ford F350 diesel 4x4

traveling with our pretty kitty

KittyCat: I don't know a lot about them but at the Boston Camping Show last year I saw a Shasta 5th Wheel. I loved the storage and just about everything about it. I think it was called a Phoenix and they have a few floor plans. As far a I remember, 2014 was the first year they made this model so I'm not sure how many used ones are available. I wish I could tell you more but someone else here might know more about them.

I would definitely spend the money to join RV Consumers group to get a copy of their RV ratings guide. Some people dispute their ratings but they are the only publication that does not accept advertising and therefore can offer opinions not influenced by money, much as Consumers Report. I think it will be difficult to find a quality newer 5er with the budget you're proposing. With that amount of money, I would be looking for an older high quality unit rather than a newer mid to low quality trailer. You should look at frame construction and cargo carrying capacity before you even consider a floor plan. Good luck.

Rich

I would definitely spend the money to join RV Consumers group to get a copy of their RV ratings guide. Some people dispute their ratings but they are the only publication that does not accept advertising and therefore can offer opinions not influenced by money, much as Consumers Report.

I think it will be difficult to find a quality newer 5er with the budget you're proposing. With that amount of money, I would be looking for an older high quality unit rather than a newer mid to low quality trailer.

You should look at frame construction and cargo carrying capacity before you even consider a floor plan. Good luck.

Rich

My sentiments exactly, spend the money for a quality older unit. With the budget you have allotted and specifying 2010 or newer, it is going to be tough to find what would be considered a full-time quality fifth wheel. Just my opinion, not meaning to offend anyone.

Thank you for your insightful comments and advice. Due to this advice, I deleted the info regarding budget and year because it all depends on the floor plan!

Many, many thanks for your wisdom, folks! :rolleyes:

2008 Carriage Cameo F31KS3

Mor Ryde

Ford F350 diesel 4x4

traveling with our pretty kitty

We had some wants in a floor plan that are along your want list. We looked over the internet until we found what we were looking for. It was the Wildcat 353LS which had been discontinued earlier in the 2013 model year. We did find one 1,100 miles north of us and have been pleased with it ever since. Being the off season plus a discontinued model we were able to pick it up for around $30K.

Since then there have been a few other manufactures that have adopted the floor plan. Downside is that they are more expensive, and the catch is that it measures out at 40' so it is a little longer than what you are looking at.

It does offer a bath and a half, the full bath is on the bedroom level, the half bath off of the kitchen.

Here is a link to the floor plan if you care to have a look,

http://www.forestriverwildcatrvs.com/floorplans/353LS-OK.aspx

Good Luck in your search,

Currently:

2013 Wildcat 353LS bath and a half retirement villa

2013 Ford F350 crew cab PSD FX4

Archived