Pet Sitter Recommendations?

RoadWorker

Hi there! We are in Texas...close to Hondo, San Antonio, Austin and there abouts.....

We will be leaving the country for 5 weeks beginning June 1st and are looking for someone to pet sit our two old (17 & 15 yr old) little dogs. Does anyone have any recommendations for someone in this area - we want to pay around $100 per week? The alternative could be that we set up our travel trailer in a park for someone to live in and they can have a mini vacation with no pay.

We had a wonderful retired school teacher all lined up and then she has to have foot surgery.

I know most RVers flee this area in the summer, but I thought some of you may know of someone...never hurts to ask.

Thanks,

Danielle

• 2 months later...

We have a 14 day trip out of JFK in mid-October.

I have found a good kennel. We would prefer an arrangement

where Yoda, our 7 year shepherd, was cared for privately. We

could do it in our RV or somewhere else. Any ideas?

Lynn & Bill

I'm not sure if either of these would work for people on the road, but 2 websites I know of that petsitters advertise on are www.rover.com and www.fetchpetcare.com

I am a Rover petsitter, but I'm not on the road yet; hoping I'll still be able to do it on the road. :unsure:

• 7 months later...

I know this is really late and not particularly applicable, but we had a GREAT experience with Auntie M's Pet Sitting in Amarillo, Texas in December, 2014.

Marilyn, the owner, is not only a very experienced dog sitter, but she's a former RVer. She came to our RV park twice every day we were out of town to take care of our dog and cat, and she even called us when she noticed an issue with our faucet.

Full-time RVing before retirement: Ardent Camper blog

• 2 months later...

Hi, I am new and have the opposite question, we will be staying in Arizona for the winter starting mid Oct and need to fly out to Texas and LA for a week or two. I left a message with fetchpetcare because it says they will have someone come to your place for 45 min to play and take care of cats.

Is it still too hot in Oct to leave them even if checked on? Wow I have never been full time on the road before.

I have two beautiful rag doll kitties.

I would think $100 per week for in house sitting is a STEAL if you found it. I mean I would think at a minimum they would need to go there twice a day for a walk. And if you wanted them to play and spend time with them so they were not so lonely that even ups the cost. I pay my neighborhood kid $10 a day just to cross the street fill the timed feeder and scoop the liter box. Taking them about 5 minutes or less.

2015 Ram 3500 RC DRW CTD AISIN 410 rear

2016 Mobile Suites 38RSB3

I have the same problem with my dog but since he was a rescue the lady I got him from takes care of him for me while I am gone. So check for any rescue people in the area.

I am leaving him the end of month for a week and know I will be talked to about giving him too many treats..

tjones1935

If you can't fix it with a hammer you have an electrical problem.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, I am new and have the opposite question, we will be staying in Arizona for the winter starting mid Oct and need to fly out to Texas and LA for a week or two. I left a message with fetchpetcare because it says they will have someone come to your place for 45 min to play and take care of cats.

Is it still too hot in Oct to leave them even if checked on? Wow I have never been full time on the road before.

I have two beautiful rag doll kitties.

I would check the weather history for where you are. As they can guesstimate based upon past years. But that is all it is, a guesstimate. The weather these days seem to be getting more extreme every year.

2015 Ram 3500 RC DRW CTD AISIN 410 rear

2016 Mobile Suites 38RSB3

• 1 month later...

We will be in Livingston for 2 weeks in November and need to find someone to take care of our 2 kitties while we are cruising. Feed, water, cat litter once a day. We will be staying at the Escapees park. Anyone know of someone? It would be Nov 8-22.

debbi

• 7 months later...

Mike's Aquarium & Pet Shop in Venice has some cards for a girl who does this. I met her a couple of times while I was in there. She seemed really nice. I moved a few months ago, and got rid of all of my Florida stuff, but it seems to me that the name was Critter Sitter or something like that.

Archived