The Class-less Class

Sandie & Jim

Happy Thanksgiving to you all. We're just finishing up cutting onions (cry) and celery for the crock pot dressing we're making for the RV park tomorrow. It has all the regular items for dressing but you put raw turkey over it and all the juice from the cooking turkey runs down into the dressing and flavors it nicely while keeping it moist. Just thinking about it is making me hungry. At least if I'm thinking about the dressing I'll quit crying from the onions.

Hey, if anyone needs a basement refrig/freezer 120V/12V, I've got one for sale. It's a Norcold MRFT 60 and in really good shape. It came in the new bus, and we don't need it. First $450 takes it.

2007 Tiffin Allegro Bus 42 QRP
"BessyBus ll"
ATT hot spot
Winegard Traveler
M&G Braking system
Roadmaster Sterling tow bar
08 Dodge Dakota toad
Sea Eagle 10.6sr Inflatable

1957 Johnson 5.5
SKP 98998 Class of "08"

• Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Happy Thanksgiving all...as Dianne would say: "we are truly blessed"!

Roger & Lynn

Roger & Lynn Rempe

Class of 2012 & "Class-less"!

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime" -- Mark Twain (Innocents Abroad)

I'm headed solo in my Lance truck camper down through Deming and over to SE Arizona and maybe Yuma/Quartzite/Huavsu over the long Thanksgiving weekend. [My wife is back East for the holiday] Any suggestions where to stay for 3 - 4 days?

Boy, is my face red! I must apologize to "R. Walter" and the rest of you Classless. When I saw R. Walter's post I assumed it was my old friend "Rick Walter" from Iowa City. I've been in contact with him recently and he's told me that he's planning on heading out this way for the season. Have told him about our Q group and thought he was trying to make contact. After checking your profile R. Walter, it was apparent that I had you mixed with Rick. Lynn is really gonna shake her head when she wakes this a.m. and I tell her about this!

Anyway, welcome to the Classless forum R. Walter and I'm sure that IYQ's invite still holds...after all, if Lee was willing to take a friend of mine to dinner I'm sure he'd take anyone...LOL! :blink:

Roger

Roger & Lynn Rempe

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime" -- Mark Twain (Innocents Abroad)

I pulled up the 10 day forecast for your area IYQ. WHOA Its "COLD". May Have to rethink this. But I can probably handle a day. Gobble Gobble!

Ya, but it's a dry cold. Something like Dry Ice. LOL. The nights are a little on the cold side but the days are beautiful. Only a very light jacket is need unless there is a strong wind which is not very often at this time of year. But watch out in the spring. Arizona passes us one day then Texas passes through the next. Drop by as you come through I'll warm you up with a trip to the Adobe Deli. But you might wonder where the heck I'm taking you while on the way out there.

Lee (IYQ)<p>Moving from Campground to Campground so the Grim Reaper can't find me.http://www.flickr.com/photos/iyq/2013 Chevy 2500 HD Diesel pulling a 2008 Hornet TT with Hensley Arrow Hitch. Plus a 2015 Itasca Navion iQ 24v to run around in.

There's nothing cold about Quartzsite! We pulled in before noon today and watched the little temperature go on up to about 83 degrees. I think it's a tad cooler here than it was in Palm Springs. We moved into the Kofa Mountain park for a couple of nights on their Passport American rate. The park is near empty which was good for us! First stop on the agenda was a little visit with Denise and then on to see Barbara. We had to nix our Thanksgiving pizza because Silly Al's was closed today. That's right! Silly Al's was closed. However, we'll meet both of them there for pizza tomorrow. We ended up going to the Yacht Club and had a fantastic Thanksgiving dinner there!! Town has changed some. Some businesses are no longer here and we have a new one or two.

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!

http://blog.willywagon.net

Happy Thanksgiving from Big Bend, where we partied and pigged out all day with ShadowTracks and ReadyToRide :)

A good time was had by all. We were glad Dave and Nancy put the pedal to the metal to get here in time!

Sue

Edited by soos

Sue and Paul- fulltimed 2009 -2015 with Dozer, our Gray Tuxedo cat

2012 DRV Mobile Suites 36TKSB4 pulled by a 2020 F350 Platinum

Our "vacation home" : 2018 Arctic Fox 1150 truck camper

RIP Dozey

http://soos-ontheroad.blogspot.com/

Happy Thanksgiving from Big Bend, where we partied and pigged out all day with ShadowTracks and ReadyToRide :)

A good time was had by all. We were glad Dave and Nancy put the pedal to the metal to get here in time!

Sue

Boy I bet THEY had trouble pulling their peg!

Doug and Toni Laird

2008 Gulfstream BT Cruiser 30'

2014 Nissan Versa

Our newest furfriend - Zoe - a beautiful black and white cat

Our blog - http://stixandbrix.blogspot.ca

event.png

A beautiful Black Friday in Deming. It only got down to 31 last night and warmed up quickly this morning. Shirt sleeve weather. I spent most of the day just riding around the ranch in my golf cart talking with my friends. This afternoon I took one of my cowgirls to get a load of stuff out of storage and the maintenance man to K-Mart to put something in Lay Away. Then this evening I took two cowgirls to diner at the new Italian place. Now I'm tuckered out and need a Steve.

Lee (IYQ)<p>Moving from Campground to Campground so the Grim Reaper can't find me.http://www.flickr.com/photos/iyq/2013 Chevy 2500 HD Diesel pulling a 2008 Hornet TT with Hensley Arrow Hitch. Plus a 2015 Itasca Navion iQ 24v to run around in.

There is a little too much excitement going on around here today. One of the rigs here exploded and caught fire and burned to the ground. It also burned the truck up. The lady that owned it was inside. The blast blew her into the slide and the slide and back end of the trailer blew completely off the trailer. The lady was burned but I don't know how seriously. She was able to walk and talk when some guys got her out of the slideout. Her little dog didn't do so well. One of the guys tried to find it inside the trailer before the flames got too high but couldn't find it. It took the fire department way to long to get here. I don't know why. When I was next to that class B that burned 4 or 5 years ago the fire department was here in 5 minutes. and When a lady's frig caught fire a couple of years ago the fire department was here in about 5 minutes also. Today the ambulance took even longer to get here than the fire department. The Sheriff's department was here fairly fast and in force but what can they do except control people from getting too close. When that lady's frig caught fire there was no explosion and the man that lived next door had a large ABC fire extinguisher and had the fire out before the fire department got here. Anyway todays fire got a lot of people thinking. It can happen to anyone and your life can completely change in a minute. Not only from fire or accident but from heart attack and stroke and many other maladies. Gals please learn to drive your rig and do all the things you hubby does now. And guy trade jobs with her every week or month so you both now how to do the others job. You both need to stay in practice.

Did they ever figure out what caused that fire? She was definitely lucky!

The think that she tried to light the stove and a quickconnect wasn't completely fastened and came apart. ButI Don't think so. There must have been a lot of gas present to cause the large of an explosion. A quick connectwill shut off the gas immediately if it comes apart

It's a little more calm around here today. I spent most of the afternoon at Wally World restocking. I didn't feel like eating out tonight and stayed home. I still haven't eaten and it's 8PM. I guess I'd better fix something so I don't try to eat my pillow tonight.

We finally got our old bus posted on the tiffin website and Craig's list. RV trader is still pending, so we will probably know about that tomorrow. I'm glad we don't have to do this very often as we are both worn out. The bus waxing crew is on vacation, so it will be Thursday before we get that done. Fired it up today, charged up the batteries, cycled the leveling system and repaired the macerator dump (cracked fitting), so it's ready except the wax job. Green bay won, so I guess this was a good day after all. Steve

"BessyBus ll"
ATT hot spot
Winegard Traveler
M&G Braking system
08 Dodge Dakota toad

1957 Johnson 5.5
SKP 98998 Class of "08"

Lee, that's a scary story and sage advice. Hope the woman is okay and her dog too?

Steve, Lynn was on pins and needles during that great Packer win. Glad to report that she was fine after a few celebratory cranberry juices! Looks like there may be a rematch in the Super Bowl? Apologies to Jeff and Dave... I'd settle for playin' their teams too! :D

Heading to Lake Havasu St. Pk. today...great spot to watch the lighted boat parade!

Roger

Roger & Lynn Rempe

We finally got our old bus posted on the tiffin website and Craig's list. RV trader is still pending, so we will probably know about that tomorrow. I'm glad we don't have to do this very often as we are both worn out. The bus waxing crew is on vacation, so it will be Thursday before we get that done. Fired it up today, charged up the batteries, cycled the leveling system and repaired the macerator dump (cracked fitting), so it's ready except the wax job. Green bay won, so I guess this was a good day after all. Steve

Actually it has been a good week. Started with Dallas getting beat, always a good thing in my opinion. Then there was a SEAHAWKS win followed by the Cardinals getting beat. Don't get much better than that. Well the Seahawks could have a little better record at this point, but.............. :ph34r:

Joe

Joe

The "Doghouse" 04 Tiffin Phaeton 40TGH

TOAD--2008 Dodge Dakota

And the Broncos end the weekend with a win in KC. I didn't think Peyton could play in cold weather. Watch out for the Broncos new running game. Glendale here come the Broncos. :)

Jeff

Bring 'em on bro! Yer right, I think he just needed a new pair of long johns! However, there's a new sheriff in town... http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2284678-aaron-rodgers-takes-another-big-stride-into-realm-of-nfl-quarterback-legends

Roger

Roger & Lynn Rempe

And the Broncos end the weekend with a win in KC. I didn't think Peyton could play in cold weather. Watch out for the Broncos new running game. Glendale here come the Broncos. :)

Jeff

Broncos, aren't they the team that was only able to get a "Mercy" touchdown in last years Super Bowl? :ph34r: In all honesty, I doubt they can compete with either Green bay or New England, JMHO.

Joe

Joe

TOAD--2008 Dodge Dakota

This is going to be fun. With the new found running game it does remind one of when Terrell Davis came into the league. What happened that season. I believe the Broncos beat the team from the frozen tundra in the Big Game. Later guys. :)

Jeff

Tina and Jeff

Class of 2011

"RV there yet?"

2005 Gulfstream Endura

and a 1987 Jeep Wrangler

http://rvtravelswith...a.blogspot.com/

Well, we managed to sell our basement freezer today. The first person that responded, bought it. He already had one so he knew all about them, but he wanted another one to put in the trunk of his car. Ok, that's good with us. Now I have the rest of the basement storage I need for the rest of our stuff. No bites on the bus, except for the usual scammers that want to wholesale it at my expense. At least we only had 4 of them. Two of them called from the same number. I told them they need to talk among themselves before they start calling. We finally got our ads placed on Craig's list for Yuma, Phoenix and Tucson, RV trader and the Tiffin classifieds. Now all we can do is hope for the best. Never know what will happen. The wash and wax guys have been on vacation, so it looks like Thursday before we can get that done. The inside is clean and today Carol got up on the roof and cleaned the fantastic fans. Amazing how much dirt those things attract in a few years. Now I can concentrate on figuring out my solar setup. Ha Ha Steve

"BessyBus ll"
ATT hot spot
Winegard Traveler
M&G Braking system
08 Dodge Dakota toad

1957 Johnson 5.5
SKP 98998 Class of "08"

This is going to be fun. With the new found running game it does remind one of when Terrell Davis came into the league. What happened that season. I believe the Broncos beat the team from the frozen tundra in the Big Game. Later guys. :)

Jeff

You know Jeff, I think you might just be right on that one. But if memory serves me right, I believe the "Donkeys" were the first team to lose 4 Super Bowl games. Just sayin. :ph34r:

Joe

Joe

TOAD--2008 Dodge Dakota

My golf cart had a flat tire and putting air in it didn't do any good. I wish that tire around my middle would go flat. Anyway Chad from the motorcycle shop came and took the wheel back to the shop with him. When I came home from dinner I saw that the wheel was back on the cart. It was dark so I don't know if he put a new tire on or was able to repair the old one. I'll go to his shop in the morning to pay him and find out what he did. I took a cowgirl to Denny's tonight. We had Salmon and it was pretty darn good. I've alway liked their breakfast but never though much about them for other meals. I'm going to visit them more often. I found out that the gal in the exploding trailer has a niece that is going to come and I suppose take her home. The hospital says they will release her in a couple of days but she has bandaged hands, belly, and face so she will definately need someone to help her do just about everything. They started a collection for her and the guy from the other trailer that was damaged today at happy hour. He didn't have any insurance on his trailer. I think it could be made inhabitable though. Just needs a couple of windows replaced and outside cabnet doors replaced. The Awning is toast but you don't really need that to live especially out here where the wind would probably tear it off anyway. The rig that exploded did have insurance but the lady can't remember the name of the insurance company and of course the policy was burned in the rig. I suggested they take her license number and query the state because they require she has insurance before they will issue a plate for it. The trailer plate is pretty well chard but the truck plate is in fair shape. Well that's the news from Deming.