ANY HDT'ers, with SxS in the Quartszite, Yuma area?

mr. cob

Howdy All,

We are now camped in the La Posa South LTVA campground just a few miles south of Quartszite.  We are camped with friends who will soon be moving on to different locations and are considering where to go or if we should just stay put as we have a very nice spot.  I would like to hook up with others who have a SxS to ride with, I don't like going into unknown territory alone in case of problems that may be encountered on the trail, its just not a wise thing to do.

We have considered going to the LTVA located a bit north of Yuma on the california side of the river, I think its called Imperial Dam, we have never been there and I have not been able to find much information about SxS riding in that area.  So if anyone can share information about good places to ride or is camped in an area that has good riding and would like to hook up, please contact me.  Thanks.

Dave

2001 Peterbilt, 379, Known As "Semi-Sane II", towing a 2014 Voltage 3818, 45 foot long toy hauler crammed full of motorcycles of all types.  Visit my photo web site where you will find thousands of photos of my motorcycle wanderings and other aspects of my life, click this link. http://mr-cob.smugmug.com/

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

Dave, we camped at Senators Wash (Imperial Dam) from 1995 to 2012 and really loved the area.  Lots of room to camp and spread out. We did a lot of hiking, but not SxS riding.  It is a vast area and I'm sure there are lots of riders there. 

Close enough to Yuma for supplies, and dates and date shakes at Bard.  The Army Proving Grounds are adjacent to Senators Wash and is open to the public and if you are a vet there is a small PX.  Also, a Chapel where we worked with the Chaplain with our music ministry. 

A great area, I highly recommend it.  Just go south on 95 from where you are and turn west at the "big guns".  Stop and take a look at the equipment there.

2001 Freightliner FL70, Cat 3126b 300hp, 860 lb/ft, 6 speed manual Eaton/Fuller

Motorhome body by Transport Designs (37 ft overall)

Motorhome Specs and Pictures

Our Music Ministry

57 minutes ago, usbusin said:

Dave, we camped at Senators Wash (Imperial Dam) from 1995 to 2012 and really loved the area.  Lots of room to camp and spread out. We did a lot of hiking, but not SxS riding.  It is a vast area and I'm sure there are lots of riders there. 

Close enough to Yuma for supplies, and dates and date shakes at Bard.  The Army Proving Grounds are adjacent to Senators Wash and is open to the public and if you are a vet there is a small PX.  Also, a Chapel where we worked with the Chaplain with our music ministry. 

A great area, I highly recommend it.  Just go south on 95 from where you are and turn west at the "big guns".  Stop and take a look at the equipment there.

Howdy usbusin,

Thanks for your reply and the information. We have decided to drive the Smart Car down there and check out the area if we like what we see we will haul the trailer down and do some camping.

Dave

2001 Peterbilt, 379, Known As "Semi-Sane II", towing a 2014 Voltage 3818, 45 foot long toy hauler crammed full of motorcycles of all types.  Visit my photo web site where you will find thousands of photos of my motorcycle wanderings and other aspects of my life, click this link. http://mr-cob.smugmug.com/

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

Dave, another option is the Escapee Park in Congress, not far east of where you are.  The SxS group there rides out nearly every day to explore somewhere.  If I remember correctly, for members it was about $15/night with full hook-ups.  Good motorcycling there too if you have a scooter with you.

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row
Young enough to play in the dirt as a retired farmer.
contact me at rickeieio1@comcast.net

2 hours ago, rickeieio said:

Dave, another option is the Escapee Park in Congress, not far east of where you are.  The SxS group there rides out nearly every day to explore somewhere.  If I remember correctly, for members it was about $15/night with full hook-ups.  Good motorcycling there too if you have a scooter with you.

Howdy Ricke,

Thanks for the information we aren’t Escapee members, but might be someday.

Dave

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

2 hours ago, usbusin said:

Hey, Dave did you make it down to Senator Wash?  What did you think of the area?

Gary D

Howdy Gary

We are still in the LTVA a few miles south of Quartzsite have a great spot and super Neighbors who are HDT folks 

we plan to take the Smart Car down and check out the dam and wash area before hitching up and dragging the trailer down there if we move I will post what we find and if we like it 

Dave

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

Hi Dave,

Yes, we have camped many years in the LTVA area where you are and at the BLM area north of Quartzsite.  Met many long time friends and bluegrass pickers there.  Many a nights around campfires there and at bluegrass festivals singing and picking!  Enjoy your retirement.

Gary D

2001 Freightliner FL70, Cat 3126b 300hp, 860 lb/ft, 6 speed manual Eaton/Fuller

Motorhome body by Transport Designs (37 ft overall)

Motorhome Specs and Pictures

Our Music Ministry

On 2/19/2020 at 1:49 PM, usbusin said:

Hi Dave,

Yes, we have camped many years in the LTVA area where you are and at the BLM area north of Quartzsite.  Met many long time friends and bluegrass pickers there.  Many a nights around campfires there and at bluegrass festivals singing and picking!  Enjoy your retirement.

Gary D

Howdy Gary 

We just got back after doing a recon of the Imperial Dam LTVA, drove the Smart Car down sure glad we didn’t hitchup and drag the trailer.  We didn’t like the area to me it looks like a giant mud pile with varying elevations and the wind was blowing hard 

The camping areas are scattered over a large area of sometimes very different elevations I am sure there are some great campsites but I would never drive the truck and trailer into some of those areas without first reconing them in the car

Maybe it’s just us but neither of us liked the area, it’s commifornia so you can’t drive your SxS unless you are wearing a helmet

We drove back to our campsite just south of Quartzsite we like it there 

That said DONT take my word on this other folks might be very happy to be there 

Dave

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg