Hooking up the Dish Tailgater Pro

I am looking at purchasing the Dish Tailgater Pro for my 2019 Forest River Wildcat 384MB.  I do not want to mount the unit, I want to use it with the portable stand.  My question is will it work with coax screwed in to the utility coax on the outside of trailer or does it have to plug in straight to the receiver inside?  I do not want coax running through window and i really don't want to drill holes in camper.

384MB.jpg

I would highly recommend that you buy the Winegard Pathway X2 instead.  It has a  larger reflector and is a superior unit in all ways than anything King Controls builds.  It also will work on either eastern or western arc, which comes in handy in some campsites.

My Tailgater would not work with the built in satellite coax.  I had to run a separate one.  Yours may or may not.

Edited by chirakawa

Everybody wanna hear the truth, but everybody tell a lie.  Everybody wanna go to Heaven, but nobody want to die.  Albert King

I 2nd the Pathway X2 over the Tailgater, as far as the coax in the trailer it depends on the trailer manufacture and the way it was installed. I would have the dealer prove that it works before taking delivery, I  have helped people in the past and found a lot of strange configurations and a lot of loose conections and a few that I never got to work. I've been using the satellite pass through connection on my trailer for 16 years without any problems on both a stationary dish and automatic.

Denny 

Denny & Jami SKP#90175
Most Timing with Mac our Scottie, RIP Jasper our Westie
2013 F350 SC DRW 6.2 V8 4.30 Gears
2003 HH Premier 35FKTG Home Base Nebraska

Hate to say it like this, but it all depends on the type of connectors the manufacture used.  There are coax connectors that will allow signal to pass but not power/current.  The portable dishes all get their power from the receiver box.  On our DRV, I cannot use our Tailgator on the factory cable connection ports... Even the ones that say SAT.  

What we have done is run the coax thru a slide seal and into the cabinet.  This is only when the rooftop mounted dish is blocked.

Alie & Jim + 8 paws

2017 DRV Memphis 

BART- 1998 Volvo 610

Lil'ole 6cyl Cummins

7 hours ago, BDCourtney said:

Thanks. Maybe I can get something out of Forest River to let me know on the hookup.  When you say "satellite pass through connection" what are you referring to? 

Im talking about the plate with the male coax fitting that goes into the trailer, if the coax goes straight to the entertainment center with no stops you have a fitting chance that it will work.

Denny 

Denny & Jami SKP#90175
Most Timing with Mac our Scottie, RIP Jasper our Westie
2013 F350 SC DRW 6.2 V8 4.30 Gears
2003 HH Premier 35FKTG Home Base Nebraska

• 4 weeks later...