Sattelite TV utter Confusion.

20 hours ago, Art Redmond said:

Denny, I did set up set up dish antennas for 12 yrs full timing, been off the road for 3 yrs. now. I`m becoming a Nomad again but I now want the easiest way, going on 80 and am lazier now. So I guess automatic is the way for me. By the way why not by-pass the rig`s system and connect directly to the Auto/Dish. I did that in the last rig we had because the coax in the rig was faulty.

Art

The coax My rig is fine I was talking about other rigs that I have helped people with. 

Denny 

Denny & Jami SKP#90175
Most Timing with Mac our Scottie, RIP Jasper our Westie
2013 F350 SC DRW 6.2 V8 4.30 Gears
2003 HH Premier 35FKTG Home Base Nebraska

On 5/18/2019 at 7:02 PM, Zulu said:

OP is nearing 80. He might want the convenience of an automatic.

"Whatever happened to the tripod and dish pointing" was written by the OP. Sounds to me like tripod & manual dish is what he wants. He also says he's "confused" not physically/mentally challenged.

Fulltiming since September 1, 2010

2012 Ford F-350 PSD SRW Lariat Crew Cab

2012 Montana 3585SA

1 hour ago, WeBeFulltimers said:

"Whatever happened to the tripod and dish pointing" was written by the OP. Sounds to me like tripod & manual dish is what he wants. He also says he's "confused" not physically/mentally challenged.

I thought that was what I wanted but now realize that I would be better served with an automatic dish.

Art

13 hours ago, Dutch_12078 said:

The Pathway X2 is still the only dome available that can receive the full eastern and western arc satellite sets. That's the model I recommend for anyone wanting the most aiming flexibility with  a portable self aiming dome. As said, like all the domes, it is restricted to certain Dish receiver models.

I was just looking at Dish domes and this is interesting, it has East and West included.

tg 4.PNG

222.PNG

17 minutes ago, Art Redmond said:

I was just looking at Dish domes and this is interesting, it has East and West included.

tg 4.PNG

222.PNG

Not quite true. There are 6 DISH sats (110, 119, 129 & 61.5, 72.7, 77), and the Tailgater can only see 4 of them.

Of the Eastern Arc sats (61.5, 72.7, 77), sat 72 is probably the most important, but the Tailgater can't see it.

The Pathway X2 can see all 6 sats.

SKP #79313 / Full-Timing / 2001 National RV Sea View / 2008 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
www.rvSeniorMoments.com
DISH TV for RVs

4 minutes ago, Zulu said:

Not quite true. There are 6 DISH sats (110, 119, 129 & 61.5, 72.7, 77), and the Tailgater can only see 4 of them.

Of the Eastern Arc sats (61.5, 72.7, 77), sat 72 is probably the most important, but the Tailgater can't see it.

The Pathway X2 can see all 6 sats.

Good point, food for thought.

Art

One thing that's being overlooked when comparing the automatic dish is the size of the reflector (dish), the X2 is 21" compared to 8 to 10 that the rest of them have. I can tell from experience that the X2 hands down has a stronger signal and anyone that has traveled many years from one end of the country to the other will know that this is important. Mine even has a stronger signal than my stationary dish at our homebase because it points directly at the satellite and uses the whole dish where a stationary dish picks the signal up coming into the dish at a angle reflecting into the LNB from a small point on the dish. 

Denny 

Denny & Jami SKP#90175
Most Timing with Mac our Scottie, RIP Jasper our Westie
2013 F350 SC DRW 6.2 V8 4.30 Gears
2003 HH Premier 35FKTG Home Base Nebraska

Dish moved many of the more popular channels from 72.7 to 61.5 a few years ago, so now there's a lot of HD national programming there as well as many eastern states locals. The problem with only getting 61.5 on the eastern arc means you still need a clear line of sight to the 110 and 119 sats for full coverage. That's when getting the full eastern arc is important on heavily treed sites. Since much of 61.5 is duplicated on 77 in SD, I've been in a few spots where I could squeeze 72.7 and 77 through a small gap in the trees, but not the wider spread 61.5 and 72.7. I still got the full national channel coverage, just not all of it in HD.

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F-53 Chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/brake system