Convection Oven Metal Oven Pan Replacement

MrsSquid

We just bought a used coach with an Advantium microwave/convection oven. It is missing its metal oven pan. I would like to try baking in it. Should I try to find a replacement metal pan or can I use something else? My aunt suggested stoneware as a replacement. Has anyone done this? Thanks for your insights. 

11 hours ago, MrsSquid said:

Thanks for the tips. I think a spring trip to a Corelle/Corningware outlet store is in my future.😉

I also like their pie plates with plastic covers for serving soupy foods or reheating leftovers or for bringing deviled eggs to potlucks.

Linda

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

The learning process was long for us. it took several attempts at baking before we discovered the metal rack must be used for the product to turn out right. When we simply sat the pan on the turntable the bottom never got done. We have used any metal pan available now it the product turns out fine as long as the raised rack is used. Convection is another word for electric baking-with a fan to move hot air.

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961

18 hours ago, rocksbride said:

Pyrex, Corningware, and regular metal bakeware work fine in my convection mic.  Haven't used a regular oven for 10 years.  

I also bake at the temp called for in recipes and just set a timer at 10 and 5 minutes early to check for doneness.  

Thanks for the baking tips.

3 hours ago, Ray,IN said:

The learning process was long for us. it took several attempts at baking before we discovered the metal rack must be used for the product to turn out right. When we simply sat the pan on the turntable the bottom never got done. We have used any metal pan available now it the product turns out fine as long as the raised rack is used. Convection is another word for electric baking-with a fan to move hot air.

The manual noted inferior baking results if you used the glass turn table in place of the metal one. It's good to know that I can use other metal pans. 

Archived