First time blogger...HELP!

Want to have a blog/vlog when we go FT early next year to keep in touch & share our journey with friends & family.  (Not looking for an income stream or 1,000's of hits)

I've checked out some books at the library, but I'm just NOT getting the knowledge I need.  "Choose your platform"...Yeah, right.   Considering a 3 hr class at our local community college.

Anyone have any resources?  Suggestions?  We run Apple everything.  

Linda, Larry, & the Hooligan Shelties

Hope to be FT in 2012 in 5th Wheel

LOL...We sure took the slow track!  Been enjoying retirement as volunteers with Frank Lloyd Wright in Oak Park & Kline Creek Farm living history farm in West Chicago.   But now its time to get this show on the road.   ETD: 1st quarter 2019!

There are no shortcuts to anywhere worth going.

I use Blogger.com, fairly easy to use and good forum support. Geeksontour.com have a fair amount of videos about Blogger and Google Photos. As with anything new it can be a challenge. I subscribed to them for a couple of years just so I could access their videos and ask them questions directly(which they answer!!).

My basis was at an Escapade a few y ears ago where they offered 4-5 seminars on Google blogger, Google Photos etc.

I try to keep mine simple and I make notes on how to do things since we take a winter break for several months and I get a little rusty.

I'll PM you with my blog, it needs a bit of fine tuning but I am happy with it.

5 hours ago, SWharton said:

I use Blogger.com, fairly easy to use and good forum support. Geeksontour.com have a fair amount of videos about Blogger and Google Photos. As with anything new it can be a challenge. I subscribed to them for a couple of years just so I could access their videos and ask them questions directly(which they answer!!).

My basis was at an Escapade a few y ears ago where they offered 4-5 seminars on Google blogger, Google Photos etc.

I try to keep mine simple and I make notes on how to do things since we take a winter break for several months and I get a little rusty.

I'll PM you with my blog, it needs a bit of fine tuning but I am happy with it.

My wife uses the same blog provider.

2015 Ram 3500 RC DRW CTD AISIN 410 rear

2016 Mobile Suites 38RSB3

Another thumbs up for Escapee's endorsed GeeksOnTour - Chris and Jim are awesome, and help break down technology and are passionate about sharing your travels. 

They are more Windows and Android centric however, but blogging is a web based activity.   They do lean folks towards Google-powered solutions, like blogger.com. 

Here is their learning series on the topic:

https://geeksontour.com/videos/blogger-learning-series/ 

We personally have run our blog on a self hosted WordPress installation - which I don't recommend for beginners.  

But the free Wordpress.com (not self-hosted - they do it all for you) solution is also easy to setup and get started with. If you're not planning to monetize and are focused on sharing with friends & family, either blogger or WordPress.com are great platforms.    

- Cherie

Cherie & Chris (and Kiki *meow*) / Personal Blog: Technomadia.com
Technomads (technology enabled nomads) since 2006

Our Nomadic Fleet:
RVs:
Zephyr: 1961 GM 4106 bus conversion / Blooper: 2020.5 Winnebago Travato GL Boat: Y-Not: 1999 Bayliner 4788

Hosts of the Mobile Internet Resource Center
Mobile Internet Information for RVers, Cruisers & Nomads
Proud to be recognized as Escapee's Commercial Partners #773 / Escapees RVOU Instructors

Archived