Land Between the Lakes NRA

Ski

Pat and I will be headed to LBL in late September. Traveling from the Richmond, VA area, probably through Nashville.  Noticed the park has three campgrounds. We have a 36' fifth wheel with a height of 13' 6". Any recommendations as to which park to stay at? Not familiar with the area, any suggestions on the route in? 

Thanks,

Al 

Lake Barkley Canal Campground (270/362-4840) was real nice when I stayed there a year ago.  Be careful which loop you pick--big difference in size of rigs they can take, shade, spaciousness, etc.  From my notes, the loops that can easily handle larger RVs were the Canal View Loop (several pull-through sites here) and Fisherman's Row.  There are full hookup sites in Browns Point loop but those sites looked pretty cramped to me.  Woods Loop and Beach Loop looked to have some decent sites, too.

Full-timing and enjoying every minute.

Blog: www.agingonwheels.com

Check to see whether they are open. Not every loop of every park is open year-round. Also, they don't (or didn't) give the full 50% off with a "geezer" pass that most other parks do. I think they only offered us 10-15% off with it.

David Lininger, kb0zke
1993 Foretravel U300 40' (sold)
2022 Grand Design Reflection 315RLTS

Land Between the Lakes is one of those places we still need to visit. Our son has been there several times and he says that they still have not seen it all. His favorite campground is Eureka that is COE but it closes after Labor Day and doesn't open until Memorial Day.  Canal campground is also COE and is open until Oct. 28.

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

• 3 weeks later...

Perhaps a bit late for the OP,  but Energy Lake Campground was a great place for us.  Easy access to the 48 site campground via 5.5 miles of hilly/curvy paved road off US Route 68 / Kentucky 80.  Your GPS may direct you down a forest road, but stay on the pavement all the way to the campground.  We stayed in area D which was asphalt.  Other areas in the campground are gravel and had grades steeper than we cared to attempt in our 36' motor home with toad.  Verizon coverage was okay.  Lots of history and places to explore in Land Between the Lakes.  Shopping/restaurants 20-30 miles away.    Not for everyone, but perfect for us.   

Archived