Sewer line slime

Mold/algae.  Rinse better after use.  Let it dry out, ie dump afternoon before leaving but don’t take down to store until morning.   Other things to try, run black tank through., dump gallon of vinegar in toilet and flush, the run Grey tank out, dump another gallon down sink put some more water, then rinse hose with lots of water. 

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
2002 Alpine 36 MDDS (Figment II), 2018 Ford C-Max HYBRID
Blog: http://www.barbanddave.net
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834

If you are sitting hooked up for a extended period with the grey valve open that will happen, its easy to slush out with a water hose.

Denny

Denny & Jami SKP#90175
Most Timing with Mac our Scottie, RIP Jasper our Westie
2013 F350 SC DRW 6.2 V8 4.30 Gears
2003 HH Premier 35FKTG Home Base Nebraska

You put some plastic gloves on and rinse your sewer line with fresh water. It's really not that difficult. 

Jim

Jim
SKP: 99693
If you think you can, or you think you can't. . . you are probably right (Henry Ford)
2014 Dodge 4WD Dually
1998 Carriage LS-341

Welcome to the Escapee forums! Always happy to have new folks join us here.

I really don't have much to add but was wondering if you are hooked up and sitting in one spot and leaving the line connected all of the time? In my experience that is when one is most likely to experience growing things in the sewer hose. Several of those suggestions I would make too. I'm not sure that you have anything to worry about but it is good to clean the hose from time to time while sitting still and allow it to dry out occasionally too. 

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

We have 3 different locations (parks) where we will sit in the same site for a month or so.  My clear sewer elbows and my stinky-slinky will get a slight build up and not stay perfectly clean no matter how much I rinse while hooked up.  About 2 or 3 times a year I will mix up a bucket of Dawn and bleach water and get to work cleaning it all.  I let the mixture sit in the sections of stinky-slinky by connecting the ends together.  After it sits for an hour or so and I shake it around a little I dump it all out and rinse really good.  I let the sections dry in the sun and then coat them with 303 on the outside.

Joe & Cindy

Newmar 4369 Ventana

Pulling 24' enclosed (Mini Cooper, Harley, 2 Kayaks)

What  FL-JOE says.

Helen and I are long timers ..08 F-350 Ford,LB,CC,6.4L,4X4, Dually,4:10 diff dragging around a 2013 Montana 3402 Big Sky

SKP 100137. North Ridgeville, Ohio in the summer, sort of and where ever it is warm in the winter.

Archived