Landing Gear Trashed - Need advice on Replacement

timinfla2

Well, yesterday we got home from an amazing weekend trip in the 5er.  I parked in a not-normal spot on my property so I could mow around where I usually store it.  About 5 minutes later, I'm unhitched, and I'm putting down the rear stab jacks and the whole damned thing shifts forward.  

My tires rolled off the orange blocks I had them on and apparently it overcame the plastic chocks I was using to keep it in place (lesson learned, no more cheap chocks).  

My driver's side landing gear leg took the brunt and it bent and split from the pressure.  I was able to get back under the pin box and re-hitch by letting the air out of my tires and out of the air bag in the pin box.  

I'm looking for recommendations on how to get this fixed.  DIY is out of the question for me, so I need recommendations for the east/central Florida area if you have any.  

Thank you,

Tim

Sorry to hear about your trouble.  I would suggest you have a Big Foot jack system installed.  There is an installer in Florida. He usually has a booth at the Tampa RV show.  I don't recall the name of his company but his first name is Roy.  Google Big Foot in Florida or call the main office in Michigan.

On 7/9/2018 at 11:40 AM, Ronbo said:

What type landing gear do you have? Electric, hydraulic, brand.

Is it an auto level system?  Brand and Age of the RV helps as well.

If its electric, this is a good choice-  https://www.etrailer.com/Camper-Jack/Ultra-Fab-Products/UF17-943010.html

Alie & Jim + 8 paws

2017 DRV Memphis 

BART- 1998 Volvo 610

Lil'ole 6cyl Cummins

Not sure what type of jacks you have but here's what I did.

I bent one of the level-up legs on my rig. I found a hydraulic repair guy (Oshkosh WI). He replaced the aluminum leg with a steel one. I believe the cost was around $180 maybe? Lippert or heartland wanted somewhere around $700 for a new complete leg.

Todd

“…nothing so liberalizes a man and expands the kindly instincts that nature put in him as travel and contact with many kinds of people.” – Mark Twain

Archived