HDT youtube vids

oldiron36

Welcome

If you can get to one of the rallys (http://www.rvnetwork.com/topic/108972-hdt-rally-information/) you will get to see many trucks up close.  Idaho is this weekend.  Bring a notebook and tape measure and ask questions we love talking trucks.  Rough numbers you need half the width of the trailer (102/2) plus a couple of inches from the pin to your side by side, smart or motorcycle.  Most of us have the hitch mounted between the frame rails behind the axle.  Maximum leagal width is 102” .

Nigel

2006 Volvo VNL 430, 2006 smart cabrio cdi, 2000 Triple E Topaz 30'

11 hours ago, oldiron36 said:

After watching vids I saw a couple of trucks with ramps behind sleeper for RZR or side by side with clearance for 5th wheel. was just looking for any tips or advice on this setup. Hate making costly mistakes! Thanks Mike

Hi oldiron,

Welcome to the forum. I have a question for you. What model RZR to you plan to carry on the deck of your truck ? The reason why I ask that question is because the newer RZR's will be to long to put on the truck side ways. As Nigel stated, 102" is maximum width. I do carry a RZR on my truck. It is a RZR 800. Please keep asking questions. The distance from the side of the RZR to the from of the trailer on my set-up is 60". That is the number that I feel comfortable with.

Al

PS; you don't need a truck to come to the rallies. Just desire !

2012 Volvo VNL 630 w/ I-Shift; D13 engine; " Veeger "
  Redwood, model 3401R ; 5th Wheel Trailer, " Dead Wood "
    2006 Smart Car " Killer Frog "

We carry a 800 RZR across the deck under our Subaru Forester.  The Forester is loaded length wise at an angle.  The angle allows the hood area to be about 13' high and slope down.  The car is actually 12' 11" high. The car structure is above the RZR which requires the roll bar be removed.  We are registered in Colorado so a full MH conversion is not required.  This allowed a small 42" sleeper to keep overall length in check.  We have about 56" from the hitch pin to the car and an 8' wide 5er.  The ramp to load the RZR is only 8' long.  This makes for a steep incline but has not been a problem.  The bed has 2 half circle stops for the RZR front tires.  We use a single front strap that draws the RZR tight into these stops and 2 straps in the back.  Probably overkill but it is easy and fast.  We also have a 33 watt solar panel to keep the HDT batteries charged while not in use and a leg off of that to maintain the RZR battery.  By lifting the car up we also found room for a generator, spare propane bottle and 2 one hundred gallon water tanks (1 fresh and 1 waste).  The HDT is tandem and there are 4 large tool boxes under the bed.

Randy

2001 Volvo VNL 42 Cummins ISX Autoshift

Thank you all for info, my RZR is a 1000 so about 10ft long over all. Wish I would have known about up coming Rally this week end in Idaho sooner. I have my hitch apart waiting for new air bags and shocks. Thanks again. Randy like to see a pic of your setup or anyone else for that matter  thanks

PS  Just a note I sell the big aluminum bumpers for trucks and pickups. So stop by or give blast on the horn when going by on interstate 90 at Sturgis, S.D.

Archived