iOS 11.3 is coming: Get your iPhone and iPad ready for the upgrade

RV_

Here's what you need to do to make sure that your upgrade goes smoothly and you don't lose any data.

Although I don't own Apple products I do read the Tech dailies, well, daily.

Excerpt:

" If you're the sort that will want to pull the trigger on upgrading to iOS 11.3 -- which is likely to be soon -- the moment it's released, there are some steps that you should take so you don't end up in a world of hurt.

How will you get iOS 11.3?

The recommended way is to tap Settings > General > Software Update and carry out the refresh from there.

Alternatively, you can connect the iPhone or iPad to a PC running iTunes and do the upgrade from there.

What devices can run iOS 11.3?

If you're running iOS 11, then you can get iOS 11.3. If you're still running iOS 10, read on.

iOS 11 is supported on the following devices:

• iPad Air
  • iPad Air 2
  • iPad Pro
  • iPad mini 2
  • iPad mini 3
  • iPad mini 4
  • iPod touch 6th
  • iPhone 5s
  • iPhone SE
  • iPhone 6/6 Plus
  • iPhone 6s/6s Plus
  • iPhone 7/7 Plus
  • iPhone 8/8 Plus
  • iPhone X

This means that not all devices that run iOS 10 can run the iOS 11.3. Specifically, the following are not supported:

• iPhone 5
  • iPhone 5c
  • iPad 4

This means that the oldest Apple devices that can support iOS 11 will be the iPhone 5s and iPad Air."

The rest of the indepth article gives iOS users a complete checklist for a smooth transition and can be found here:

http://www.zdnet.com/article/ios-11-3-get-your-iphone-and-ipad-ready-for-the-upgrade/?ftag=CAD2e14604

Safe computing and travels!

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

The latest on my iPhone 7 Plus and iPad Air 2(model MNW12LL/A) is 11.2.6
When I connect my iPhone/iPad to iTunes on my PC it automatic checks for ios updates and then backs them up to the PC.
I do that every couple of weeks because they are usually app updates on them every day or so I check on and do.

iOS 10 was the tenth major release of the iOS mobile operating system developed by Apple Inc., being the successor to iOS 9. It was  released on September 13, 2016. It was succeeded by iOS 11 on September 19, 2017.

So anyone still on ios 10 hasn't checked on updates anytime in the last 6 months.

how  can i copy all my data onto my pc?

NOT the cloud.

First you need iTunes on the PC. Then plug your iPad/iPhone with the charging line into a USB port and the PC should recognize it and iTunes should open.  On top left click on the picture of your device. That will take you to the iTunes page where you can set up the back ups etc.

Full Time since Oct. 1999
99 Discovery 34Q DP | ISB
Datastorm | VMSpc | Co-Pilot Live | Pressure Pro
2014 MKS Twin Turbo V6 365 HP Toad
369070033.jpg

Archived