Best Health Insurance for the almost full-time traveler?

I am about to set sail on the open road with my Cruisemaster and my longtime boyfriend. We are both contract workers and can work from the road.  We will need new health insurance.  What is the best health insurance options for the full-time traveler? How is the one offered through Escapees? Where do we get the best coverage for the best value? Is it going to be a long process to obtain this insurance? 

6 hours ago, Newbie48 said:

I am 31 and my bf is 30.  

I did a brief check on HealthSherpa for a couple of counties in NC. For a BlueCross Blue Shield PPO plan, you can expect to pay between $400 - 500/month. That's full price. If you qualified for a subsidy, the cost should be significantly lower.

And you do want a PPO plan, especially one from BCBS, because it will probably be "portable" from state to state.

SKP #79313 / Full-Timing / 2001 National RV Sea View / 2008 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
www.rvSeniorMoments.com
DISH TV for RVs

2 hours ago, Newbie48 said:

Thank you! We are potentially looking at making our domicile South Dakota based on other things that we have been reading.  Is that a better move or stick with North Carolina since that is where we are now? 

Currently, SD's PPO health plans do not have nationwide networks. That means outside of SD you would pay out-of-network costs for health care. With some plans that would mean 100%.

On the other hand, you're in your 30s. You're "immortal". Seriously, since the probability of you two requiring health services is a lot less that most of the old farts on this forum, you could probably chance a non-nationwide PPO or HMO or whatever. Just make sure you know what you're signing up for.

SKP #79313 / Full-Timing / 2001 National RV Sea View / 2008 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
www.rvSeniorMoments.com
DISH TV for RVs

Archived