Heater does not relight

Snufy1

My Suburban NT-30M Heater Lights runs runs fine turns off at the preset temperature. The fan comes back on when temperature drops below but dose not relight.

If I turn the switch on the thermostat off and on without waiting just off/on it relights and runs fine.

Any Ideas?

Tom & Michele

1983 Revcon King33

1989 Goldwing

Here is something to consider:

Furnace Runs for One Cycle but Won’t Restart The typical cause is a blockage in the Combustion Air Intake or Exhaust, resulting in a lack of air into or out of the combustion chamber. Look for spider webs, dauber nests, debris in the air inlet and exhaust. It may also be caused by an inadequate gas supply, e.g. low gas pressure or a partially open Gas Valve. See Propane Gas Pressure. Gary Brinck – RVForum.net 3/14/2008 Page

Here is link to entire article. dave http://www.rvforum.net/miscfiles/Furnace_Trouble-2.pdf

Dave and Lana Hasper

When it comes back on can you hear the arcing of the igniter. When it doesn't relight does the blower run then shut off on its own!!

If it does there are other problems, sail switch, blocked air flow, over heat sensor, low gas pressure, ignition problems, or theromestat

Sounds like circuit board, when you manually turn off and on it works..do you have access to the circuit board? If so there MIGHT be a light that gives codes to cause of failure..

Trucken

I suggest that you start by downloading a copy of the Suburban service manual from Bryant RV Service. There are several possibilities in addition to those previously mentioned. It could also be an igniter probe that has a cracked ceramic insulator which works fine when cold but shorts out the spark voltage once it is hot. Time to get your volt/ohm meter out and do some trouble shooting.

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

Thanks there was some debris in the exhaust cleaned it out and it now comes back on and relights. I tried it 3 times no problem. I'll keep an eye on it.

Kirk I will download that manual and check into it deeper thank you for the link

Tom & Michele

1983 Revcon King33

1989 Goldwing

Archived