Tesla auto refuel stations?

Kirk W

Just down the road from us there is a Collins Street Bakery that just put in 8 of these... I have yet to see one of them in use and the nearest dealer is in Dallas. With a new price of $80k+, I don't see there ever being a waiting line to use one!

14731337_10207104113072968_6273594044002

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

That is 80K to 150K for a new one. :)

Or lease one for low as $919 a month with only $6,614 at start. :o

Maybe the refill station is FREE.

They have 727 Refill stations across the USA and adding more all the time.

Full Time since Oct. 1999
99 Discovery 34Q DP | ISB
Datastorm | VMSpc | Co-Pilot Live | Pressure Pro
2014 MKS Twin Turbo V6 365 HP Toad
369070033.jpg

Traveled through Aberdeen, WA yesterday and saw one under construction. Doesn't make a lot of sense to me as Aberdeen is one of the poorest towns in the state. Never has fully recovered from the downturn in the logging industry.

Joe

Joe

The "Doghouse" 04 Tiffin Phaeton 40TGH

TOAD--2008 Dodge Dakota

"Electric gas" is free-for-life for Tesla owners, they are constantly expanding their Supercharger network as they call it. You'll probably see them popping up more and more in small'ish towns where there might not be many Tesla owners, but many who drive through going from a big city to another... 20-30 minutes I believe for a full charge on one of those, not bad if there is a Starbucks or small museum nearby to kill time...

Yep, they are constantly trying to expand these "Tesla recharge stations". It may seem they pop up in uncommon locations, but it's all about expanding the map so car owners can travel between different towns.

You can see where they are today and where they plan to expand. They exist a lot around interstates, but I see that expanding a lot to smaller towns that may exist between larger towns where an interstate isn't used.

- https://www.tesla.com/supercharger

Dan (Class of 2017) - 2012 Ram 3500 & 2005 Alpenlite Valhalla 29RK
Contact me at rvsolarconsulting.com or Two Wheel Ramblin

Price for the newer model coming in 2017 or 2018 will be more like $35-$40K and about $3-$5K tax rebates. Going on memory from news reports so figures are not exact. The main thing is the under $40K is more in the range where common people will buy them.

I also saw a report on TV a couple of days ago where someone drove from Calif, to NY and back, only using Tesla recharging stations. No fuel costs!

Al & Sharon
2006 Winnebago Journey 36G 
2020 Chevy Colorado Toad
San Antonio, TX

http://downtheroadaroundthebend.blogspot.com/

Archived