Classes of 2008 and 2009

Made it to the Yuma area yesterday. I think I've used up my dilithium crystals allotment for this month, so will just settle in for a spell. Probably stay here till time to head up the road to Q for the gathering.

Joe

Joe

The "Doghouse" 04 Tiffin Phaeton 40TGH

TOAD--2008 Dodge Dakota

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Made it to the Yuma area yesterday. I think I've used up my dilithium crystals allotment for this month, so will just settle in for a spell. Probably stay here till time to head up the road to Q for the gathering.

Joe

Just curious Joe....how many miles did you cover and in how many days? You aren't a retired over-the-road truck driver are you? Pretty impressive trip! :D

Paul & Marsha Weaver
Bella our cat
2008 Carriage Cameo 35' SB3
2010 Ford F350 DRW
Blog: http://wheresweaver.blogspot.com
SKP# 102686

Just curious Joe....how many miles did you cover and in how many days? You aren't a retired over-the-road truck driver are you? Pretty impressive trip! :D

Thanks Paul, I covered 2,250 miles in 5 days. Took a day off from driving in Casa Grande so I could get some laundry done. No, not a retired truck driver, just have always been one to get behind the wheel and GO. I really do need to slow down a bit and check out some of the things there are to see along the way.

Joe

Joe

TOAD--2008 Dodge Dakota

Thanks Paul, I covered 2,250 miles in 5 days. Took a day off from driving in Casa Grande so I could get some laundry done. No, not a retired truck driver, just have always been one to get behind the wheel and GO. I really do need to slow down a bit and check out some of the things there are to see along the way.

Joe

AMAZING....I drive 4-5 hours and that's a l o n g any more for me! Yep....slow down and enjoy :D

Paul & Marsha Weaver
Bella our cat
2008 Carriage Cameo 35' SB3
2010 Ford F350 DRW
Blog: http://wheresweaver.blogspot.com
SKP# 102686

Our weather turned nasty today. Clouds all day and a 30 mph wind straight out of Siberia. So I took the day to run my generator and Equalize my batteries. Now my specific gravity reading are way up there. My weather station says the high was 66 and the low was 51. It must have imported those figures from somewhere else cause it was cold as siberia here with that wind straight out of the north. The cain I carved for the charity here was won by a lady who is the wife of a man that runs one of the other organization here and is doing a charity drive for the same group of SLAB families with children that we were doing. She says she is going to raffle the cain off again to add more money to the charity. We raised $330 I think. Yesterday the president said $360 and today she said we had $330. Anyway I'm glad to see it raise a little more money by being raffled off the second time. It will probably be the last thing I carve for a charity raffle. I hope tomorrow is nice and sunny again. I got cabin fever today. I think I'm going to go down to Holtsville and soak in the hotsprings a little before I go to Q. But first I've got to get Christmas out of the way.

Lee (IYQ)<p>Moving from Campground to Campground so the Grim Reaper can't find me.http://www.flickr.com/photos/iyq/2013 Chevy 2500 HD Diesel pulling a 2008 Hornet TT with Hensley Arrow Hitch. Plus a 2015 Itasca Navion iQ 24v to run around in.

I think I'm going to go down to Holtsville and soak in the hotsprings a little before I go to Q. But first I've got to get Christmas out of the way.

We're thinking we might go down to the hot springs at Holtsville and soak after Q. I'm struggling with Christmas. it's a lot easier to buy for little kids than big kids but we need to finish so it can get in the mail too.

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!

http://blog.willywagon.net

AMAZING....I drive 4-5 hours and that's a l o n g any more for me! Yep....slow down and enjoy :D

Oh I have those days to, yesterday was one of them, 3 hours and I was off the road for at least a month. Then the planned move is less than 2 hours.

Joe

Joe

TOAD--2008 Dodge Dakota

We did a little exploring around SF today. Drove over to Sauslieto and to the Golden Gate. We turned off just before going over the GG and went up to an overlook to watch the sunset. Nice day, no clouds, 62 degrees, and a beautiful sunset too, hard to beat. It was a little challenge to get back to the Bus from there (they seem to have a lot of cars around here), but we made it. Nothing like Friday night before Christmas, in the big town. :lol:

2007 Tiffin Allegro Bus 42 QRP
"BessyBus ll"
ATT hot spot
Winegard Traveler
M&G Braking system
Roadmaster Sterling tow bar
08 Dodge Dakota toad
Sea Eagle 10.6sr Inflatable

1957 Johnson 5.5
SKP 98998 Class of "08"

Friday Night before Christmas. I thing Steve got himself in a time warp of some kind. Maybe a black hole. I think I'll do Friday night before Christmas next week just to be different. I meticulously prepared a grocery list this morning then took off for Wal-Mark and left it laying on the table. I must have got up on the right side of the bed thought because I managed to get all the items I had written on the list without buying a bunch of stuff that wasn't on the list. I even was able to get it all in the frig when I got home. Now that has to be a first. At happy hour tonight I ask how many would be interested in going to Pizza Hut for a Pizza party and darn near the whole bunch raised their hand. I wonder what will happen when 35 people come in all at the same time. There will be drop outs when I select the day to go. there alway is. We put a light on the top of our flag pole today to light the flag at night. I hope it lights it enough to do it honor. I just looked out the window at the flag pole. The light lights the Canadian Flag but the US flag is in the shadow of the base of the light. We should have put the light on the Canadian Flag Pole.

Jeri: If you go to Holtsville after Q I might go then also. In fact I might go both before and after.

Lee (IYQ)<p>Moving from Campground to Campground so the Grim Reaper can't find me.http://www.flickr.com/photos/iyq/2013 Chevy 2500 HD Diesel pulling a 2008 Hornet TT with Hensley Arrow Hitch. Plus a 2015 Itasca Navion iQ 24v to run around in.

Friday Night before Christmas. I thing Steve got himself in a time warp of some kind. Maybe a black hole. I think I'll do Friday night before Christmas next week just to be different. I meticulously prepared a grocery list this morning then took off for Wal-Mark and left it laying on the table. I must have got up on the right side of the bed thought because I managed to get all the items I had written on the list without buying a bunch of stuff that wasn't on the list. I even was able to get it all in the frig when I got home. Now that has to be a first. At happy hour tonight I ask how many would be interested in going to Pizza Hut for a Pizza party and darn near the whole bunch raised their hand. I wonder what will happen when 35 people come in all at the same time. There will be drop outs when I select the day to go. there alway is. We put a light on the top of our flag pole today to light the flag at night. I hope it lights it enough to do it honor. I just looked out the window at the flag pole. The light lights the Canadian Flag but the US flag is in the shadow of the base of the light. We should have put the light on the Canadian Flag Pole.

Jeri: If you go to Holtsville after Q I might go then also. In fact I might go both before and after.

Two comments. First - I did exactly the same thing, made a list for Walmart, left it at home and got it all without the list. Nothing more,nothing less.

Second - well, it was about the light on the Canadian flag but I think it's best left unsaid.;)

Doug and Toni Laird

2008 Gulfstream BT Cruiser 30'

2014 Nissan Versa

Our newest furfriend - Zoe - a beautiful black and white cat

Our blog - http://stixandbrix.blogspot.ca

event.png

Right now that's where we're thinking. I know Freddy and Delcie are heading towards Yuma so maybe we can convince them to head 20 miles west. The Blue Angels practice in El Centro during February. Between the natural hot springs there and the show, it might be a great place to spend a little time.

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!

Yeah, Lee, I should have said that we had to have Christmas early because Carol's brother's kids would only be there this weekend. Nothing like having two Christmases!! :lol: Boy this town is a wild place to drive in. My GPS is hoarse from shouting directions at me. :rolleyes: I can barely figure out one turn or exit and we are already at the next one. Whew! :blink:

2007 Tiffin Allegro Bus 42 QRP
"BessyBus ll"
ATT hot spot
Winegard Traveler
M&G Braking system
Roadmaster Sterling tow bar
08 Dodge Dakota toad
Sea Eagle 10.6sr Inflatable

1957 Johnson 5.5
SKP 98998 Class of "08"

<br />Right now that's where we're thinking.  I know Freddy and Delcie are heading towards Yuma so maybe we can convince them to head 20 miles west.  The Blue Angels practice in El Centro during February.  Between the natural hot springs there and the show, it might be a great place to spend a little time.<br />
<br /><br /><br />

Sounds good to us. Delcie says I need a bath. Can't hardly wait till Jan.

LIFE IS GOOD!!!!

Freddy & Delcie Prather

Echo- Yorkie
2007 Dodge Ram 2500 6.7 Jake Brake #5000 Air Bags
2005 Mobile Suites 36RE3
Full Time Since Oct 1st 2009

Right now that's where we're thinking. I know Freddy and Delcie are heading towards Yuma so maybe we can convince them to head 20 miles west. The Blue Angels practice in El Centro during February. Between the natural hot springs there and the show, it might be a great place to spend a little time.

Don't know how all the <br> got in my post. At least it's not BS :lol: .

LIFE IS GOOD!!!

Freddy & Delcie Prather

Echo- Yorkie
2007 Dodge Ram 2500 6.7 Jake Brake #5000 Air Bags
2005 Mobile Suites 36RE3
Full Time Since Oct 1st 2009

<br /><br /><br />

Sounds good to us. Delcie says I need a bath. Can't hardly wait till Jan.

LIFE IS GOOD!!!!

The hot baths there sure are nice but Freddy isn't allowed to use soap!! There's just a bunch of stuff in that area that we haven't seen including Borrego Springs -- a nice day trip ....

We didn't take our little Honda 2000 south with us when we went but we're going to grap it when we head back. With all this electricity and the hot springs, the hot springs solves Terry's need to take a long shower too.

Edited by Wanderin'

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!

If I go to holtsville every year and take a really long shower will that last me till I come back next year. LOL I had forgot about the Blue angles that should be great to watch but it will probably give you a good reason to take another hot bath to get the crick out of your neck.

I had forgot to get a $5 omni sex gift for our Christmas Party next Saturday so I went to Brawley this morning to get something. That took about 5 minutes but while I was there I met three cowgirls form the LOW slab in Wal-Mart. One had to get back to the Slabs right away but the other Two went with me to Pizza hut and had a pizza for lunch. We talked for about 2 hours which made a very nice afternoon for a change. The weather cleared up today 70 high and 51 Low. So as Freddy says Life is Good.

Not much to report today. I broke down and did a laundry. By the time I got back Happy Hour was almost over so I sat in the chair in front of my trailer until a cowgirl walked past. I lassoed her and took her to the Buckshot in town for dinner. This morning a little Scottish gal came over and was having a problem connecting a solar panel. So I got out the crimp tool and did the job for her. She was one of the cowgirls I took to the Pizza Hut yesterday. She's a cute little thing and I do mean little. I'll have to keep her on tab for dinner dates. Those tiny ones really hone my ropping skills.

Not much to report today. I broke down and did a laundry. By the time I got back Happy Hour was almost over so I sat in the chair in front of my trailer until a cowgirl walked past. I lassoed her and took her to the Buckshot in town for dinner. This morning a little Scottish gal came over and was having a problem connecting a solar panel. So I got out the crimp tool and did the job for her. She was one of the cowgirls I took to the Pizza Hut yesterday. She's a cute little thing and I do mean little. I'll have to keep her on tab for dinner dates. Those tiny ones really hone my ropping skills.

The tiny ones eat less too so the dinner bill might be lower. :D

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!

About all that got done today was getting an LP tank filled. When I got back I took a walk then went to Happy hour. I took a rest from the cowgirls today. I was afraid of getting too tired and one may be able to catch me. It looks like I'll be able to come to Q on the 15th for sure. Right now I'm thinking about leaving here right after Christmas and going to Holtsville. Then up to Q, Then either back here or to Holtsville again before drifting east for the summer. The floor fell out of our water trailer today. I guess it didn't like having 300 gallons of water in it going over these bumpy roads. Two of the other guys agreed to provide the man power to fix it. I agreed to buy the material. Just as soon as that job is done I'll be free to go.

About all that got done today was getting an LP tank filled. When I got back I took a walk then went to Happy hour. I took a rest from the cowgirls today. I was afraid of getting too tired and one may be able to catch me. It looks like I'll be able to come to Q on the 15th for sure. Right now I'm thinking about leaving here right after Christmas and going to Holtsville. Then up to Q, Then either back here or to Holtsville again before drifting east for the summer. The floor fell out of our water trailer today. I guess it didn't like having 300 gallons of water in it going over these bumpy roads. Two of the other guys agreed to provide the man power to fix it. I agreed to buy the material. Just as soon as that job is done I'll be free to go.

That's great. Looking forward to seeing you.

Doug and Toni Laird

2008 Gulfstream BT Cruiser 30'

2014 Nissan Versa

Our newest furfriend - Zoe - a beautiful black and white cat

Our blog - http://stixandbrix.blogspot.ca

event.png

Right now I'm thinking about leaving here right after Christmas and going to Holtsville. Then up to Q, Then either back here or to Holtsville again before drifting east for the summer.

Half the fun is figuring out where we think we're going to go whether or not we end up going there. We'll be heading back to "Q" probably on Monday after Christmas to reconnect with our "stuff". Maybe Jim and Sandie will have already selected the perfect spot at La Posa South. After Q we're still thinking about Holtsville and then the coast ... maybe. :D

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!

You Know, they have cute little ditto marks to for saying "Me Too" and quotation marks for something someone else said. For Full Timers they should have a cute little mark for saying "Maybe". Nothing much happening today. After coffee at the campfire this morning I got lazy and went into Niland and had breakfast at the Buchshot. Then came back and watched one of the guys working up a sweat tearing the floor the rest of the way out of the water trailer so we can put a new floor in it. Then I took a Steve and by that time it was Happy Hour so I went to that to gad with the cowgirls for a while. After the meeting was over we had a Chili Supper. Boy was it good chili. Now I'm sitting here twiddling my thumbs trying to think of something to tell you about.

It was Sunny today but a little windy and cool. I went to Brawley just to have something to do. I took the cute little Scottish cowgirl with me for company. I didn't buy a thing except lunch but it made for a pleasant day. According to the weather man the wind will be with us for several days. I hope he is as wrong as he usually is. Today was a minute longer than yesterday I wonder what I can find to do with that extra minute and it even gets worse tomorrow they add another minute every day.

I can use a couple of those extra minutes. I went to the doctor yesterday and got a clean bill of health for another year. That will lead to a trip to Parker to fill the new prescription. Also it's an excuse or requirement to go to Wal-Mart and reload. I haven't been since before halloween. So the shopping list will start with 60 cans of dog food. Gotta keep Millie happy.

Today I was behind the Jerky store refilling a propane tank when I noticed Mike had moved his Michael's Quartzsite Glass Co. into a building there. I had a small chip and decided to have him take a look at it. It needed repair but he had a couple of cars in front of me. I told him I'd bring it in later but he wouldn't have it. He asked where I was parked and told me he would come out and fix it here. Which is exactly what he did. There was no service call charge and he accepted the insurance company's payment without question. I've known Mike about 10 years and I would not let anyone else do the job.

He's not a traveling vendor his shop here has been open for 20 years.

Dave C.

Millie the mooch

2500 D/M CC.

27RL Wildcat

SKP#94751

We saw ICE yesterday!! We gingerly walked to our car only to find it covered in ice. Obviously, we had no ice scraper but Terry's comb came out and went to work until the car warmed up enough to help. Ice is not something we had in our plans to see ever again. Monday morning we'll be heading back to Arizona -- 1246 miles. Anticipated arrival --- Tuesday evening so that means absolutely no ice or snow desired between here and there. :rolleyes:

Terry had another follow-up appointment yesterday and he's still cancer-free! Yeah!! :D Three more months until his next check-up!

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!