Classes of 2008 and 2009

IYQ, Do you take a different cowgirl to dinner each time? It could be hazardous to take the same one too much. Isn't that how you wound up married? I seem to remember you met your late wife through the LOWs. :)

Linda Sand

Yep Linda, I do take a different cowgirl to dinner each time. I spead the weath around. Of course there are just so many cowgirls that I like to have sitting across the table from me. So I might have to repeat about 10 times before spring comes and I leave the slabs. And no, my wife was not a LOW and neither was I. That was a long time ago and I didn't even know the LOW's existed.

When I got up this morning the sun was out. I sat outside trying to think of something to do. There isn't very many cowgirls that want to go to breakfast that early in the morning. Then, I remembered the Slab Low's are going up to Mecca tomorrow to the "Date Store" I wasn't going to go but someone told me they gave a talk on how to make a Date. Now that peaked my interest. We plan on stopping at the American Legeon on the way back for Taco Tuesday. So off to Mecca it is but my tanks were almost full to the overflow state so I hooked up and headed for the Dump station 12 miles down the road. I no sooner started hooking up and it started sprinkling rain. I dirtied up my trailer and all my nice clean windows on the way down and got soaked standing in the drizzel dumping the waste tanks and filling the fresh water tank. When I got done and put all the hoses away I jumped in the truck and started to leave. I didn't even get out of the rest area when the sun popped out and stayed out the rest of the afternoon. Now I have to fill all the waste tanks again and empty the Fresh tank trying to get all the mud off me. But boy do I need it.

Lee (IYQ)<p>Moving from Campground to Campground so the Grim Reaper can't find me.http://www.flickr.com/photos/iyq/2013 Chevy 2500 HD Diesel pulling a 2008 Hornet TT with Hensley Arrow Hitch. Plus a 2015 Itasca Navion iQ 24v to run around in.

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Let's see. I haven't posted in a while. But today it has been raining off and on and I finally ran out of excuses. Last week I replaced the Blue Flame but that wasn't all. I have had a kitchen faucet dripping for a year I decided to have a crack at it. I fully expected to have to replace it. I took it apart and discovered it had a canister that held the valve inside. Who knew? I took the canister to Herb's hardware. I explained what I had and a very nice man guided me directly to a replacement. That was an easy job.

Then there's the slide. I had a weld fail on the frame at the end of the ram. Fortunately it failed while I was re-spotting the trailer after a dump run. So I was with empty tanks and full water and a trailer that wouldn't move without repair. I discovered that the only welder in Quartzsite had gone out of business. That might have been a good thing. I had to call in a welder from Blythe for the repair. It took a few days for him to get a spot in his schedule for me. It was worth the wait. That guy really knew how to lay out a bead. It's a lot more solid now.

Also, I had just settled in for a nap when Terry and Jeri knocked at my door. I'm afraid I wasn't very hospitable during their short stay and I apologize. It was a case of the elevator not going to the top floor where the manners are kept.

Dave C.

Millie the mooch

2500 D/M CC.

27RL Wildcat

SKP#94751

Made it to Las Cruces yesterday and had dinner with friends here last night. Had interesting weather for the last leg out of texas. Started with mist, then fog, then sun and back to mist. That kept up till about 50 miles out of El Paso when finally the sun came out and things warmed up. Plan on heading for the SKP park in Casa Grande today and hope to spend a couple of nights there before heading on into the Yuma area.

Joe

Joe

The "Doghouse" 04 Tiffin Phaeton 40TGH

TOAD--2008 Dodge Dakota

Made it to Las Cruces yesterday and had dinner with friends here last night. Had interesting weather for the last leg out of texas. Started with mist, then fog, then sun and back to mist. That kept up till about 50 miles out of El Paso when finally the sun came out and things warmed up. Plan on heading for the SKP park in Casa Grande today and hope to spend a couple of nights there before heading on into the Yuma area.

Joe

Oh Joe - we have so many friends at Rovers' Roost. Say hi to Joan and Ken, Margo and Randy, Katy and Gary, Nora and Dennis, Anne and John, Murphy and Gail. Maybe just stand up at social and tell them all Toni and Doug say "Hi and see you in February"

By the way, if anyone has any ideas on how to thaw our frozen hoses we'd appreciate your help.

Just a couple of weeks until we are out of here. At the moment we are waiting on Grandchild #8 - being helped into the world this morning in Montreal.

HUGS

Doug and Toni Laird

2008 Gulfstream BT Cruiser 30'

2014 Nissan Versa

Our newest furfriend - Zoe - a beautiful black and white cat

Our blog - http://stixandbrix.blogspot.ca

event.png

Oh Snap, does that mean I have to go to the Social???????? :unsure: If I can find my BOAT, I'll try to make it over tomorrow. :lol: Going to stay here 2 nights then move on to Yuma for a while. Drove in RAIN almost all the way today, time for some of that BAAAAD WHISKEY and a Steve. :D

Joe

Joe

TOAD--2008 Dodge Dakota

Oh Snap, does that mean I have to go to the Social???????? :unsure: If I can find my BOAT, I'll try to make it over tomorrow. :lol: Going to stay here 2 nights then move on to Yuma for a while. Drove in RAIN almost all the way today, time for some of that BAAAAD WHISKEY and a Steve. :D

Joe

Socials at The Roost are renowned.

Doug and Toni Laird

2014 Nissan Versa

event.png

Hey Toni: Take your hoses off at night and lay them in the shower stall then when you need to fill the tank they'll work just fine. As for the dump gates put a half gallon of pink antifreeze down the john. The sewage will still freeze but only into a slush and the gates will work.

The gang went on a trip up to Mecca this morning. I felt like I'd been run over by a mine field sweeper so I didn't go. A little latter I got the wild idea of dumping the gas I keep for my generator into the truck and going after fresh gas for the generator. I loaded up an LP tank that had gone empty and the small gas can and went off to town. When I got back I couldn't find the keys to my trailer. So back to town and luckily someone had turned the keys in to the guy at the cash register. I must have pulled them out of my pocket when I got something else out. When I got back I decided to crank up the generator because it has been two days without and sun. I had run all the gas out of it last summer buy chocking it as it was running dry so it wouldn't gunk up the carburator while not being used all year. It took a bunch of rope pulls to get the gas going again and that was not kind to my wrist. Anyway, it finally started and I did get the batteries fully charged. I turned the generator off and let it sit for a while then started it again. It started on the first pull so I guess I'm in business again. I'll run it every once in a while to keep it from gunking up this winter then run it dry again in the spring. But now the only thing I want to do it heat a large bath towel that has been slightly dampened in the microwave and wrap it around my wrist.

They are playing war games over at the Seal Training camp tonight. It sounds like a full scale invasion with machine gun fire and Choppers. I hope they run out of bullets before I go to bed.

Lee (IYQ)<p>Moving from Campground to Campground so the Grim Reaper can't find me.http://www.flickr.com/photos/iyq/2013 Chevy 2500 HD Diesel pulling a 2008 Hornet TT with Hensley Arrow Hitch. Plus a 2015 Itasca Navion iQ 24v to run around in.

Hey Toni: Take your hoses off at night and lay them in the shower stall then when you need to fill the tank they'll work just fine. As for the dump gates put a half gallon of pink antifreeze down the john. The sewage will still freeze but only into a slush and the gates will work.

The gang went on a trip up to Mecca this morning. I felt like I'd been run over by a mine field sweeper so I didn't go. A little latter I got the wild idea of dumping the gas I keep for my generator into the truck and going after fresh gas for the generator. I loaded up an LP tank that had gone empty and the small gas can and went off to town. When I got back I couldn't find the keys to my trailer. So back to town and luckily someone had turned the keys in to the guy at the cash register. I must have pulled them out of my pocket when I got something else out. When I got back I decided to crank up the generator because it has been two days without and sun. I had run all the gas out of it last summer buy chocking it as it was running dry so it wouldn't gunk up the carburator while not being used all year. It took a bunch of rope pulls to get the gas going again and that was not kind to my wrist. Anyway, it finally started and I did get the batteries fully charged. I turned the generator off and let it sit for a while then started it again. It started on the first pull so I guess I'm in business again. I'll run it every once in a while to keep it from gunking up this winter then run it dry again in the spring. But now the only thing I want to do it heat a large bath towel that has been slightly dampened in the microwave and wrap it around my wrist.

They are playing war games over at the Seal Training camp tonight. It sounds like a full scale invasion with machine gun fire and Choppers. I hope they run out of bullets before I go to bed.

Thank you.

Doug and Toni Laird

2014 Nissan Versa

event.png

Socials at The Roost are renowned.

Grandchild #8 born tonight in Montreal. A little girl - her name will be Wren. She was 8 lbs and 20 inches which is huge for our little daughter. Both are well but tired after 24 hours of labour.

Doug and Toni Laird

2014 Nissan Versa

event.png

Grandchild #8 born tonight in Montreal. A little girl - her name will be Wren. She was 8 lbs and 20 inches which is huge for our little daughter. Both are well but tired after 24 hours of labour.

Congrats to all. So does that mean you are now free to roam around the country? I'll try to make Happy Hour, or what ever they call it, today. IF I get my laundry done in time. Hmmmmm gonna have to see if I can find me a "Live in Maid" to take care of that kind of thing. :lol:

Joe

Joe

TOAD--2008 Dodge Dakota

Congrats to all. So does that mean you are now free to roam around the country? I'll try to make Happy Hour, or what ever they call it, today. IF I get my laundry done in time. Hmmmmm gonna have to see if I can find me a "Live in Maid" to take care of that kind of thing. :lol:

Joe

If you use the laundry room at Rovers' Roost and you are a guy (and you are, indeed) you can write your name on the board in there.

Ask for Mary Lou - bet she'll be your Live in Maid.

Doug and Toni Laird

2014 Nissan Versa

event.png

If you use the laundry room at Rovers' Roost and you are a guy (and you are, indeed) you can write your name on the board in there.

Ask for Mary Lou - bet she'll be your Live in Maid.

I'm heading for the laundry room at the Roost now. As for the "Live in Maid", maybe I need to rethink that one. :lol: It has stopped raining, but there are lakes everywhere. Heck I left the PNW to get away from the rain. :(

Joe

Joe

TOAD--2008 Dodge Dakota

I'm heading for the laundry room at the Roost now. As for the "Live in Maid", maybe I need to rethink that one. :lol: It has stopped raining, but there are lakes everywhere. Heck I left the PNW to get away from the rain. :(

Joe

Joe, Even though we have left the PNW to get away from the wet stuff after talking to our daughter & telling her were having the rain we left she tells us she has to scrape her windows to go to work & then again to come home :unsure: ...I think Im going to accept this short stretch of Dust control :rolleyes: It's raining here in Peoria too :(

Steve & Sandy

Papillon's Yoda & Ruby

2008 Phaeton 40QDH DP

http://allgire-travels.blogspot.com

Joe, Even though we have left the PNW to get away from the wet stuff after talking to our daughter & telling her were having the rain we left she tells us she has to scrape her windows to go to work & then again to come home :unsure: ...I think Im going to accept this short stretch of Dust control :rolleyes: It's raining here in Peoria too :(

Got the laundry done, added my name to the list, and never once ran into anyone named Mary Lou. I still have to attend the Social thing this afternoon though. I think I have something good to tell them about Toni and Doug. :rolleyes: Yep it rained here and then it got cold, well at least cold enough to need long pants. But today the sun has been shining and now the A\C is running.

Joe

Joe

TOAD--2008 Dodge Dakota

Congrats Toni and Doug. Glad everybody is doing so good.

Joe - A/C running - I don't think so. It's not that warm. But I'm sure glad that rain has stopped at least for a day or so.

Yes A\C was running. My rig is parked with the windshield facing the sun, so it got pretty warm in here for a couple of hours today. Then I went to Happy Hour at the Clubhouse, hmmmmmmm guess my idea of Happy Hour is considerably different than theirs was. Anyway the lady that was running things called the newcomers by name, from a list, and asked them to talk about themselves. WOW my name wasn't on the list so I got away clean on that one. :lol: I did pass Toni's greetings on to a couple of the people she mentioned though.

Tomorrow it's on to Yuma and a month of relaxation.

Joe

Joe

TOAD--2008 Dodge Dakota

We had the drawing for the cane I carved for the Christmas collection to help some of the families with children her at the slabs. We ended up with $360 not bad for a very short raffle. I had all sorts of request for canes and walking sticks but I had to refuse all of them as I'm not carving at all anymore. We had Spaghetti and meat balls for dinner at the slab tonight. It was really good. We haven't been able to contact the gal that won the cane as yet. She wasn't one of our members. We have her name but she didn't write a phone number on the ticket she turned in. We'll have to go to the other places here at the Slabs where we sold tickets and post her name. She don't know she won it yet but she already has three offers to buy it from her as soon as we find her.

Congratulations Granny Toni.

Well, we made it to Ukiah today, and now are surrounded by grape groves instead of redwood trees. Nice place with 30A and water with a dumpsite. Only going to be here for one night, but nice place just the same. Steve

2007 Tiffin Allegro Bus 42 QRP
"BessyBus ll"
ATT hot spot
Winegard Traveler
M&G Braking system
Roadmaster Sterling tow bar
08 Dodge Dakota toad
Sea Eagle 10.6sr Inflatable

1957 Johnson 5.5
SKP 98998 Class of "08"

Yes A\C was running. My rig is parked with the windshield facing the sun, so it got pretty warm in here for a couple of hours today. Then I went to Happy Hour at the Clubhouse, hmmmmmmm guess my idea of Happy Hour is considerably different than theirs was. Anyway the lady that was running things called the newcomers by name, from a list, and asked them to talk about themselves. WOW my name wasn't on the list so I got away clean on that one. :lol: I did pass Toni's greetings on to a couple of the people she mentioned though.

Tomorrow it's on to Yuma and a month of relaxation.

Joe

Lucky you, I guess.

Doug and Toni Laird

2014 Nissan Versa

event.png

Congratulations Toni and Doug on the new grand baby!

690 miles on Tuesday and about 550 today but we made it. We were one day late so missed the snow through the Grapevine (thank goodness) and one day early for the snow storm through the Siskiyous. On day one we got our fix by stopping at the Winco in Indio. Then the Cabazon outlets for the Crabtree and Evelyn outlet plus the Brighton one. We have four girls that we bought a few Christmas gifts for. Then, we stopped at the Ghirardelli Outlet in Stockton but left without dropping any cash. With all the stops I think we did good. :D

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!

http://blog.willywagon.net

Lucky you, I guess.

HAHAHA I think so. However it was interesting and I'm sure there was a lot of socializing went on after the structered part of things. However I'm battling a nasty cold so I just returned to the Doghouse and relaxed.

Jeri, glad to hear you guys made it back north without weather problems. I'll try to soak up your portions of SUN while your gone.

Joe

Joe

TOAD--2008 Dodge Dakota

Boy, Jeri, you guys must have lit the "rocket motors"! I thought we saw a flash heading North on I-5, now we know what it was. :unsure:

We are at the Elks Club in Vallejo, California. 10 spaces here and 8 were filled, so we lucked out. The club was not open today, but they have a camp host here, so that worked out fine. Toured a lot of wine country today on HW 128 between Geyserville and Calistoga. Good road and saw many vineyards, but very curvy and no place to pull over. :o This is about as close to Oakland, where Carol's brother lives, as we can get. Read that "where we can get CHEAP"! We will be spending Christmas with them, so this will serve fine as a base camp. B) Steve

2007 Tiffin Allegro Bus 42 QRP
"BessyBus ll"
ATT hot spot
Winegard Traveler
M&G Braking system
Roadmaster Sterling tow bar
08 Dodge Dakota toad
Sea Eagle 10.6sr Inflatable

1957 Johnson 5.5
SKP 98998 Class of "08"

Boy, Jeri, you guys must have lit the "rocket motors"! I thought we saw a flash heading North on I-5, now we know what it was. :unsure:

We are at the Elks Club in Vallejo, California. 10 spaces here and 8 were filled, so we lucked out. The club was not open today, but they have a camp host here, so that worked out fine. Toured a lot of wine country today on HW 128 between Geyserville and Calistoga. Good road and saw many vineyards, but very curvy and no place to pull over. :o This is about as close to Oakland, where Carol's brother lives, as we can get. Read that "where we can get CHEAP"! We will be spending Christmas with them, so this will serve fine as a base camp. B) Steve

If you hang around long enough, you just might see that streak heading back going the other direction in another 10 days!! :D There's lots to see around that area. I'm sure you'll keep busy.

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!

http://blog.willywagon.net

Great restaurant in Calistoga called Sarafonia. Wonderful burgers.

Doug and Toni Laird

2014 Nissan Versa

event.png

Today we caught another nice one. Sunny, No wind, 71 Hi 42 Low. Today was battery maintenance day so I got that done but found that I'm getting a little stratification or sulfation as the specific gravity readings were a little low at full charge. I didn't have time to equalize today so I'll take it easy on the current use tonight and get them back to full charge early tomorrow if it don't rain. Then; get the generator out to Equalize them with the inverter charger. After all the lifting up and looking at that little piece of plastic tubing I use to check the water level, I was tired so I took one of the cowgirls to the Italian Place for dinner tonight. Just got back. Good stuff.