Classes of 2008 and 2009

Guest coldsmoke

Anyone have a Blue Flame heater in their RV or suggestions? We thought we might add one since using the furnace burns propane at a much faster rate. Or, at least we think it burns at a much faster rate. That's what the salesperson told us at least. We also looked at the Big Buddy and Komfort World but they get hot on the outside ... or, so the salesperson told us.

do you beleive every thing a saleman tells you ?? if so i have some land for you cheap, waterfront baeutifull place set up for rv,s , lots of park amenities for free use, on a military instalation (but they said i could sell it) best part you dont even need a deed .. WOW what more could you ask for.

so contact me if interested,, you just send cash ...

coldsmoke

ps comes with free propane heat

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

do you beleive every thing a saleman tells you ?? if so i have some land for you cheap, waterfront baeutifull place set up for rv,s , lots of park amenities for free use, on a military instalation (but they said i could sell it) best part you dont even need a deed .. WOW what more could you ask for.

so contact me if interested,, you just send cash ...

coldsmoke

ps comes with free propane heat

Wow! You really are a salesman. I'll take two waterfront lots. Once I count my Monopoly money I'll send it to you. :rolleyes:

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!

http://blog.willywagon.net

Jeri, I use Blue Flame and wouldn't have anything else. And yes it does use far less LP because all the heat is released inside the trailer. The outside surfaces stay cool to the touch and there isn't much danger of the dog catching it's tail on fire because the flame is covered by glass. For the size of your rig I would recommend the 20,000 btu model. Make sure it's thermostate controled and when it gets up to the set heat it turns the flame completely out. The Pilot doesn't burn much at all. It heats the air not surfaces like a ceramic brick or catalytic. Dis-advantage is you don't get that warm sit in the sun feeling like you do with a radiant heat type heater. It warns the whole rig.

Exciting day. I did the laundry. Half the machines were out of order.

Lee (IYQ)<p>Moving from Campground to Campground so the Grim Reaper can't find me.http://www.flickr.com/photos/iyq/2013 Chevy 2500 HD Diesel pulling a 2008 Hornet TT with Hensley Arrow Hitch. Plus a 2015 Itasca Navion iQ 24v to run around in.

Jere....if you are still in Q check out Grandma's Heaters north of town by the place you get propane (forget the name). They have many set up in a utility trailer so you can see them working. They even have an installer if Terry doesn't want to do it himself. I bought mine there in Jan '10 on the recommendation of other SKPs and we LOVE IT!!! You're right about using propane. Very economical...uses very little propane and puts out ten times the heat as an RV furnace. We don't sleep with ours due to potential fumes. Snuggle up under the covers and have Terry get up 30 minutes before you and the place will be "cookin'" by the time you're ready to get out of bed! (Works for Marsha.... :-) )

I highly recommend them. Forget what people say about the smell. I really don't smell a thing!

Good Luck........stay warm

Paul

Paul & Marsha Weaver
Bella our cat
2008 Carriage Cameo 35' SB3
2010 Ford F350 DRW
Blog: http://wheresweaver.blogspot.com
SKP# 102686

Jeri, I use Blue Flame and wouldn't have anything else.

Thanks! We wanted the one with the temperature control. We were looking at the 10K because of the size of the unit. One fella told us to get the ones that heat the bricks but those are hot to the touch .... very hot. We'll compare the size tomorrow when we go back. Since we're moving to LTVA La Posa after the first, we thought it might be better to run that than our furnace. Once we get it installed, I'm sure we'll have a heat wave and will no longer need it. It's kind of like taking an umbrella with you. It never rains. Thanks for the input.

Jere....if you are still in Q check out Grandma's Heaters north of town by the place you get propane

Thanks! Terry put in the connectors today because we weren't sure which one we wanted. Terry said to tell you he was retired. That's his way of saying he's not getting up 30 minutes before me to turn on the heater ....... I'm the earlier bird. We'll check out Grandma's tomorrow. We didn't know we had an option of where to buy it in "Q". Thanks again.

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!

Thanks! We wanted the one with the temperature control. We were looking at the 10K because of the size of the unit. One fella told us to get the ones that heat the bricks but those are hot to the touch .... very hot. We'll compare the size tomorrow when we go back. Since we're moving to LTVA La Posa after the first, we thought it might be better to run that than our furnace. Once we get it installed, I'm sure we'll have a heat wave and will no longer need it. It's kind of like taking an umbrella with you. It never rains. Thanks for the input.

Thanks! Terry put in the connectors today because we weren't sure which one we wanted. Terry said to tell you he was retired. That's his way of saying he's not getting up 30 minutes before me to turn on the heater ....... I'm the earlier bird. We'll check out Grandma's tomorrow. We didn't know we had an option of where to buy it in "Q". Thanks again.

Jeri, Grandma's has the 10k or 20k units. I have the 10k and it works well in my 5er.

Two things: I think he is buying 2nds by the truck load. There is nothing really wrong with them. Also he guarantees the units for a year and he really stands behind his units.

I had a problem this year with one I bought last year. It was at least a year old and he replaced it immediately, no questions asked. I couldn't ask for a more fair deal.

Grandmaw's is in the north end of the Pit Stop's parking lot.

Dave C.

Millie the mooch

2500 D/M CC.

27RL Wildcat

SKP#94751

Jeri, Grandma's has the 10k or 20k units. I have the 10k and it works well in my 5er.

Two things: I think he is buying 2nds by the truck load. There is nothing really wrong with them. Also he guarantees the units for a year and he really stands behind his units.

I had a problem this year with one I bought last year. It was at least a year old and he replaced it immediately, no questions asked. I couldn't ask for a more fair deal.

Grandmaw's is in the north end of the Pit Stop's parking lot.

I guess that means their price should be a lot lower than the other place. Thanks!! We'll head out that way tomorrow. I'm always amazed by the knowledge this group has!!

When we gonna do "FOOD" again. If you haven't tried the new Q-Town Cafe, they have great ribs! We've discovered a couple restaurants are no longer in business including Best Mexican and Janet's Kitchen. However, there are a few new ones too.

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!

ok jerry send me the cash !!

we will see you in Q

mike

Don't have your address so guess I'll just have to keep the $$. Can't do much with Monopoly money here. They won't take it. :D

Let us know when you head this way since we're already in Q .... if you're after money, we'll have to hide. I guess that's not too hard. All we have to do is find Sailbad again. He really is hiding but now we know where his hideout is.

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!

Joe, sorry to see the doghouse broke down. Hope you get her going OK. Maybe you need to borrow a little of Jeri's monopoly money to pay the shop. :unsure:

Now the satellite story I promised. We used to have a King Dome "in motion" satellite antenna for our Direct TV. We couldn't get HD programming through it, and after the 4th time we had to repair it, we decided to try something else. Everyone has been having good luck with the Winegard Trav'ler, so we opted to try one of those. Well, it worked fine. We were able to finally get the HD channels, and the only down side was we couldn't "record" shows while driving so we could watch them when we got to our destination. No "Judge Judy" for Carol! Everything was fine until we got to Astoria, Oregon and were setting up for the night. The satellite went up and searched, but came up with a "no voltage to the LNB" display and re-stowed itself. We tried it again and it worked OK. We were parked next to a big cell phone tower, and thought that might be interfering with it for some reason. The next day when we stopped, we tried it again and it worked fine. Hmmmmmmm Then, we were parked at Newport for the night and it wouldn't work at all. After a couple of days on tech support <_< we came to the conclusion it was the main circuit board in the unit on the roof. Winegard said they would send us another one, so we opted for them to send it to Eugene, as we could probably get it installed easier there, than on the coast. Then the rain started. We were all set up with one company to install (the day before thanksgiving), and he called us that morning and said he couldn't do it outside, so he handed us off to another tech on the North side of town to do the job. We rolled into his shop at about 1:00pm day before thanksgiving and he said he could get us going. While he was looking everything over he commented on the TV set we had. The original one had gone bad on us a couple of years back and we couldn't find one to fit the same hole, so it didn't look very good, and it was going out also. It was a visio, and although the price was right at the time, it wasn't going to last much longer. The tech, Matt, said that he usually installed Samsung TV's and had really good luck, and the 46" one would fit like a glove. Well, nothing like "getting er done" and could he finish it today?? Yep, so he did the install of the antenna, the TV, and we pulled the bus out of his shop after dark and tried the new antenna. IT DIDN'T WORK! :o The new Winegard wouldn't do a thing. Now we were in a pickle! Thanksgiving eve, and no TV for the football games coming up. Then Matt said "how about me looking at the old antenna?" OK, fine! He bench tested the old unit and found out he could fix it with parts from the new one that Winegard sent us. At least both units didn't have the same problem. Well, he took the new unit back off the roof, used the LNB from the new one to fix the original one and reinstalled it back o the roof and IT WORKED! :D We pulled out of his shop at about 8:30 that night and headed back to the Elks. What a day. We shipped the New/old unit back to Winegard on black Friday (fitting day for it), and now everything works fine again. Aaannnd we have a nice new TV to boot! Now Jeri, about some of the monopoly $$ :lol:

2007 Tiffin Allegro Bus 42 QRP
"BessyBus ll"
ATT hot spot
Winegard Traveler
M&G Braking system
Roadmaster Sterling tow bar
08 Dodge Dakota toad
Sea Eagle 10.6sr Inflatable

1957 Johnson 5.5
SKP 98998 Class of "08"

Steve.....is that an example of falling in a puddle and coming out with fish in your pocket...or just the opposite (whatever that would be????).

Glad you got the TV ready for all the good football....more to come!

Paul & Marsha Weaver
Bella our cat
2008 Carriage Cameo 35' SB3
2010 Ford F350 DRW
Blog: http://wheresweaver.blogspot.com
SKP# 102686

Thanks Steve, I am trying to reach Jeri now. Really want her to mix a bit of the real thing in with that monopoly money though. Now about "The Doghouse", got a tow truck scheduled for 6:30 Thursday morning to tow it to a Cat Dealer approx 5 miles from where I'm sitting. They think they can have me up and running again in 1 day. So I get an extra few days with the grand kids and the Baaaaad Whiskey.

Joe

Joe

The "Doghouse" 04 Tiffin Phaeton 40TGH

TOAD--2008 Dodge Dakota

I'm attaching some money for all of you with your hands out. Take what you want. I have plenty more. :rolleyes: Sorry Joe, this is as real as it's going to get.

Well, we visited Grandma's for the Blue Flame heaters, back to RV Lifestyles, back to Grandma's where we purchased. The blue flame looks like a fireplace!! The low setting even heats more than our electric heater! We love it.

post-7077-0-77841000-1323220260_thumb.jpg

Edited by Wanderin'

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!

Jeri: Lowe's Lumber sells Blue flame heaters also. I bought one in NC for my shop and at that time a 10K job was only $129.

I had a bad night last night. I woke up about 2 with both wrist aching and my shoulder aching. I couldn't get back to sleep so I got up about 3:30 and stayed up until 6. by that time I had the wrist about half way comfortable again so I went back to bed and slept about an hour and a half. When I woke up again the pain had returned. Right now the pain has pretty much gone but it's time to go to bed again. I sure wish I knew what was causing all this pain.

I got a hair cut today. That didn't hurt at all so I had him cut the rest of the hairs. I took one of the cowgirls out to dinner this evening.

Lee (IYQ)<p>Moving from Campground to Campground so the Grim Reaper can't find me.http://www.flickr.com/photos/iyq/2013 Chevy 2500 HD Diesel pulling a 2008 Hornet TT with Hensley Arrow Hitch. Plus a 2015 Itasca Navion iQ 24v to run around in.

Dang it Lee, you need to stop this pain nonsense. :blink: Hope you get it figured out soon.

Jeri, sorry but the repair place said you need to send more money. :lol:

Tow truck is scheduled to show up before 7 in the morning and take "The Doghouse" to the shop. They say I should be on the road tomorrow afternoon sometime. Just in case I paid for another night here at Hidden River. If I get delayed much longer I'll just have to make the run through Texas in one day. :P

Joe

Joe

The "Doghouse" 04 Tiffin Phaeton 40TGH

TOAD--2008 Dodge Dakota

JI sure wish I knew what was causing all this pain.

Do you tuck your hand under your chin when you sleep? When I do that it bends my wrist too far which causes my pain. That's why I wear a loose brace on that hand at night. Loose because if I tighten it that causes its own problems.

Linda Sand

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

Do you tuck your hand under your chin when you sleep? When I do that it bends my wrist too far which causes my pain. That's why I wear a loose brace on that hand at night. Loose because if I tighten it that causes its own problems.

Linda Sand

I've tried leaving the Heat Wrap case on my wrist without the hot pads in it. That keeps it from bending too far but is not that tight. My wrist were worse the next morning from not being moved during the night. I lay my wrist across my chest or stomach but lord knows what happens after I fall asleep. Things seem to go well until about 2 AM when I wake up with big pain in the wrist. then I have trouble sleeping the rest of the night. I usually get up and try to do something that will gently move my wrist. But I have no grip what so ever and can't even get my shoes on until I take Tylenol and massage my wrist for a while. And, Now I'm starting to have the same trouble with my shoulders however my hip has been doing very well lately. I plan on going back to my old doctor in NC this spring and see if he can find what the problem is.

we had a "Burn your own meat" dinner tonight. We started a fire and dumped a bag of charcoal in it the put a whole bunch of sweet potatoes in it that were wrapped in foil. The President fixed a few more dishes and put them on the side table and the folks brought there own meat and salad a cooked the meat over a large grill we have that had been filled with charcoal. It turned out better than I expected.

Burn your own meat sounds intersting. Ft. Worth used to have a restaurant called, We R Cooks. We loved going there because we could burn our own meat too.

I'm feeling your pain, IYQ, but don't know how to help!! Maybe you need to get those cowgirls to kiss it for you and see if that works.

Our class map has a few folks on it who are either still up north or not using the map. In order to stay current and have Dave clean it up some more, does anyone have input on the following folks?

Bill and Jan -- showing Eureka, CA 07/2011

Carlson -- Elko, Nv 04/2011

Jim 2 -- showing South Fork, Co 04/2011

SloMozey -- showing Stryker, OH 07/2011

John and Cheryl -- showing Deer Valley, AZ 12/2010

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!

Good idea Jeri, we are bearing down on Bill & Jan, and were going to see if we could find them on our way through. We're here in Brookings at the elks for a couple of days, then we are going to head for eureka or somewhere in that vicinity.

Joe, did you get the doghouse fixed allright? You gotta "watch the hammer" until she heals up good. :rolleyes:

2007 Tiffin Allegro Bus 42 QRP
"BessyBus ll"
ATT hot spot
Winegard Traveler
M&G Braking system
Roadmaster Sterling tow bar
08 Dodge Dakota toad
Sea Eagle 10.6sr Inflatable

1957 Johnson 5.5
SKP 98998 Class of "08"

Good idea Jeri, we are bearing down on Bill & Jan, and were going to see if we could find them on our way through. We're here in Brookings at the elks for a couple of days, then we are going to head for eureka or somewhere in that vicinity.

Joe, did you get the doghouse fixed allright? You gotta "watch the hammer" until she heals up good. :rolleyes:

Hate to tell you this, Steve, but Bill and Jan aren't there. That's the issue with the map if it's not kept up.

A beautiful day in Quartzsite!!

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!

Bill and Jan are in Casa Grande. We're going down there for dinner with them tomorrow night so I'm going to try and show her how to use the map. Wish me luck. Or I'll ask her if she wants to be taken off.

You know that chalk that Jeri uses all the time. Well, it's now in my hand. We aren't going to make Q this year. And I am disappointed. But Jim has back surgery scheduled for January 10 and will be out of commission for a month or so. Even though it breaks my heart not to be able to join you guys, if Jim can walk again it will be worth it.

Sandie & Jim Dixon

Traveling with Scooter and Skittlez

www.wherearethedixonstoday.blogspot.com