My older Cat went for a walk and hasn't come back :(

lappir

I was preparing to leave on the motorcycle and of course forgot something. Had the Jacket and Helmet on and unfortunately the door didn't latch on my way in. As I got to it both cats were looking out, it's happened often before and I usually would just say "OK, back in the house" and they would comply. This time instead of back in the older Cat decided to jump off the stairs and go under the trailer.  I looked and looked but could not see her so I went to my meeting for about an hour and returned expecting to find her sitting my the door. Nope. I looked and looked again and no sign. Even sat outside last night for a couple hours thinking she would come back. Again no luck. My youngest suggested putting the one of my litter boxes outside for the "Scent" and I did that in addition to a carrier she would sometimes sleep in (if the door was left open). I made sure the door would remain open last night. 

I've notified all the people I have seen outside today and have posted on Facebook in a Lost Pet in my area. She has a Micro Chip, but I'm not sure I remember how, when and where to notify them. I will be looking that up. Have I missed anything? I keep going out every few minutes and looking in her prior hiding areas, but I have a different truck now. When I first saw her she was coming out of my truck at an RV Park in Tahlequah, OK. The park staff said she was probably abandoned there, so I befriended her, took her to the vet for vaccinations and spaying and then kept her inside the RV. After a year she needed a friend and I fostered a family and kept on of the kittens when they were old enough to be adopted. All had been good till Friday. 

Rod

White 2000/2010Volvo VNL 770 with 7' Drom box with opposing doors,  JOST slider hitch. 600 HP Cummins Signature 18 Speed three pedal auto shift.

1999 Isuzu VehiCross retired to a sticks and bricks garage. Brought out of storage the summer of 2022

2022 Jeep Wrangler Sport S Two door hard top.

2007 Honda GL 1800

2013 Space Craft Mfg S420 Custom built Toyhauler

The Gold Volvo is still running and being emptied in July. 

There are lots of stories about pets that eventually return home, sometimes years later. Not sure I've heard any about pets that manage to find a home that moves around the country, though. Since your cat is chipped, I would think that any animal shelter/pound would check for that, and you would be notified that your pet is at a certain place.

We worry about our cat, too, sometimes. She hasn't been outside by herself in over 10 years. The last time she was a kitten and there was a bunch of cold, wet, white stuff all over the ground and she didn't like it one little bit. When we had the Foretravel we just put her in her kennel when it was time to travel. Now, we have to put her in the kennel and carry it to the truck. When we come home she will often meet us at the door, and then scamper in the direction she thinks we will go. So far no attempts to go outside.

David Lininger, kb0zke
1993 Foretravel U300 40' (sold)
2022 Grand Design Reflection 315RLTS

• 2 weeks later...

I'm so happy to report Tuna came back on Saturday and just passed her post walk-a-bout in the wild Vet exam. I was told I am a very lucky Cat Person. 

Thanks to my Daughter in reminding me to apply the "Tick and Flea" medication right away to both Cats and I also gave them their first "Heart Worm" meds for the season. 

I'm not on the search for the right "Collar" that will accept some sort of a 'Tracking' device. I am less than happy with the "Microchip". The reader has to be within a few millimeters of the implant to pick it up. Does not help at all with finding a lost animal. Only if they are turned into an Animal Shelter or taken to a responsible Vet Clinic and are scanned.  I don't think "Pet Link" is informed about the scans unless there is a question about ownership of the pet. None of the Vet's have verified the address I have listed for my Pet's because it's always different from what I give them as my personal address. Will never pay for a Microchip implant again. 

Rod 

White 2000/2010Volvo VNL 770 with 7' Drom box with opposing doors,  JOST slider hitch. 600 HP Cummins Signature 18 Speed three pedal auto shift.

1999 Isuzu VehiCross retired to a sticks and bricks garage. Brought out of storage the summer of 2022

2007 Honda GL 1800

Thanks

2007 Honda GL 1800