Tools

For you folks who performed all of the maintenence on your truck and RV before going full-time, have you been able to be that same do-it-yourselfer while full-time?

Yesterday, I was doing the critical suspension and driveline greasing that's called for on my Ram 5500.  I'm the only one that has ever done it because I then know it has been done properly.  As you know, this kind of work takes certain tools.  Now that we're planning to go full-time, I ask myself how it's going to get done.

2012 F350 KR CC DRW w/ some stuff
2019 Arctic Fox 32-5M
Cindy and Tom, Kasey and Maggie (our Newfie and Berner)
Oh...I forgot the five kids.

We would stop in Chanute Kansas every year on our way out for any chassis or heavy slide repairs. We are fortunate in that every base had a wood shop and auto repair shop for our RAM truck, and we took advantage. when we burned a bearing in Washington on the way back from Alaska in 1999, we used a Les Schwab for the new axle, brake sets and hubs. they did an excellent job. but I would not have done that at home although we had the tools and compressor. 

On the road we had a Ryobi battery tool set as we could use them on the side of the road. Spare flair it connectors, and my electrical repair tools and connectors, fuses etc. One tackle box for them and a three drawer tool box for hand tools.

Edited by RV_

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire