Nevada State Parks Moving to Reservation System

crstrm

Just fyi...another state park moving to reservation system... :(

Nevada State Parks are moving to a reservation system. Started on September 1, 2023 with Valley of Fire State Park and expect to have all parks available to reserve by November 15th.

Link with info: https://parks.nv.gov/about/reservations

2016 Leisure Travel Van Serenity S24CB

Given the vastly increased number of RV owners/users, that is foreseeable

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961

It seems to me that taking reservations results in no shows leaving sites unclaimed. I remember trying to get into a park with many empty sites but they were all reserved so they wouldn't let us have one in case that one was a late arrival. It used to be that you had to come or call by 6 pm or you'd lose your site. We've waited until 6 pm to arrive in hopes of getting into a "full" park and succeeding more than once. Is using first come more likely to fill them? I don't know but I'd like to see them go back to the come or call by 6 pm.

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

x

Nevada State Parks Launches New Reservation System 

Frequently Asked Questions

Why did Nevada State Parks implement a reservation system?

Over the past several years, as more and more people turn to the outdoors as a vacation destination, Nevada State Parks has welcomed a record number of visitors. In response to the increased demand for camping and day-use facilities, and to effectively and sustainably manage Nevada’s natural resources, Nevada State Parks has launched Reserve Nevada.

When did the reservation system launch?

Reserve Nevada officially launched on September 1, 2023.

How is the reservation system rolled out?

Some sites will come online in the coming months. Check Reserve Nevada for the park you are planning to visit to see what facilities are reservable on the system. Some areas will remain on a first-come, first-served basis.

Do I have to make a camping reservation?

No, reservations are not a requirement, but they can help if you want a specific campsite or area during specific dates. Campsites can be paid for one-night at a time, depending on availability, for those who wish to arrive without a reservation.

Am I charged a fee for using the reservation system?

A $5.00 transaction fee is charged at the time of the checkout process when using the reservation system. This is applicable to camping, cabins, group day-use, group camping and day-use reservations. A $1.00 transaction fee will be charged per transaction to pre-pay for walk-in, bike-in, or horseback in entrance fees.

How far in advance can I make a reservation?

Inventory will become available each day for a period of 11 months in advance at 8:00 am PST. Bookings may extend from the arrival date to the desired departure date – based on availability and the park’s maximum stay rules.

How late can I make a reservation?

Overnight reservations must be made at least three days in advance of the planned arrival date, thereafter you are welcome to visit the park for any first-come, first-served availability. Day-use reservations, where available, can be reserved up to the day-of depending on availability.

What happens when I want to modify my reservation?

If you decide to make a modification to your reservation greater than a month out of your stay a $5.00 additional transaction fee will be assessed. If a modification is made less than a month out from your reservation, an additional $10.00 transaction fee is assessed. Reservations cannot be modified within three days of your arrival date.

What happens when I need to cancel my reservation?

If you decide to cancel your reservation more than a month out of your stay no additional transaction fee will be assessed, user fees e.g. day-use, camping, or cabin fees will be refunded but there will be no refund of the initial transaction fee. If a cancellation is made less than a month out from your reservation, a $10.00 transaction fee is assessed. Reservations cancelled within three days of the arrival date will require a $10.00 transaction fee and the cost of a one-night stay.

What happens if I can’t show up for my reservation?

Reservations will be held until 2:00 pm the scheduled date after your arrival date, if you have not called the park before that time, you will be considered a “no show” and your reservation will be cancelled and not subject to a refund.

Please contact the park immediately, if contact is not made to the park by the 2:00 pm of the day after your scheduled arrival, your reservation will be cancelled and won’t be subject to a refund.

Day-use reservations are not applicable to a refund as they are only valid for the date and time specified.

Is there a minimum stay requirement?

No, we do not have a minimum stay requirement.

How long can I stay at one park?

Each park varies for their maximum stay, from 7 to 14 days within a 30-day period, at which point the vehicle must exit the park. This information can be found on each park’s webpage.

What is the campground check in time?

2:00 pm

What is the campground check out time?

11:00 am

What should I do if I am having issues booking a campsite?

You can always call our Carson City office at 775-684-2770 or e-mail us at stparks@parks.nv.gov for assistance.

STATE PARKS

Headquarters

901 S. Stewart Street

Suite 5005

Carson City, Nevada 89701

(775) 684-2770

TRAVEL NEVADA

TravelNevada.com is a content-rich hub for discovering and planning visits to Nevada's rich, diverse destinations.

Travel Nevada

AFFILIATION

Nevada State Parks is a division of the Department of Conservation and Natural Resources.

Nevada State Seal