Amazon Fire Max 11 Initial review

RV_

OK I'm typing on this Fire 11 Max now with a USB A female to USB C adapter and have the Logitech Unifying receiver in that is paired with my Logitech M310 mouse and my Logitech K400+ keyboard with built in touchpad so a mouse is unnecessary. But I prefer the mouse anyway.

It is slim and feels very well made if sliperyIt is much faster than the two Fire HD8+ we have. And it handles more than one tab open fine. The screen is phenomenal with better than full HD resolution. I Iike the format and size but no good cases are available yet for under $20. I don't like Folios that expose the sides and/or corners in a drop. I much prefer the kids case with two flip out foam stands that I have on my Fire 8HD+. But they are not making those yet for this new tablet.

It is no match for my Windows 10 Surface Pro and surface Go2 tablets in speed or ease of use for a primary Windows user. I as my eyes get older I like bigger fonts to read my Kindle books in bed and watch Sling TV Blue for 24 hour cable news. More later as I get more familiar and get a case for it. I already have the Microsoft pens for my Surface devices so no pens or keyboard cases for it ever it is just for consumption. But I wanted to make sure I could use my KBs and mice with it and it works fine with them. Picture to follow as I have my phone connected to my Windows computer. AynKc4Pl.jpg

nMGJX2Pl.jpg

Edited by RV_

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

12 hours ago, Chalkie said:

So is this still operating on a gutted version of Android? That is my chief complaint with my current Fire Tablet.

Short answer:

Yep their walled garden so to speak, like Apple. However I read they can also be flashed to use the Google Play store.

RV/Derek
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

The Android version is limited but this tablet is fast enough to overcome all but the limited - non-availability of Play store Apps. However I don't need them anyway. I may jail break it to get better browsers because I hate their native browser Silk. In this tablet Silk is usable so I will get more familiar with it and see.  I just ordered a bumper case for it with built in screen protector (removable) so this is a keeper for content use only. We have MS Surface tablets, a Pro 7 and a Go 2 each with pens and type-covers for serious work while traveling and as living room tablets. So I never used any if my Fire tablets for productivity, but I did buy keyboards for them and also use the combo KBs and touch-pad devices for them. I tried them and they they all work on this new Max 11 too. Heck they work on my phone and all our Windows and Android devices. Wired and wireless.

Here's the PC Mag review and they rated it excellent:

https://www.pcmag.com/reviews/amazon-fire-max-11

Edited by RV_

RV/Derek
Retired AF 1971-1998