Looking for a new insurance company.

runaway parents

So as you all as you all know about two weeks ago about We were broke down  And stranded.  Fortunately we did not have to be towed. Which raised a bunch of what if questions with the insurance company? For the past 8 years we found out we had no towing insurance At all on the h d t and the trailer. I remember it like it was yestoday sitting across the desk of this insurance dude and me telling him I needed Towing insurance on both vehicles and His reply was not a problem. You got it. I do not like being deceived like this Anybody out there have any ideas of a good insurance policy for this h d t and Trailer. Thanks.

I just used my Coachnet policy.  There was an initial hiccup that was resolved when I escalated to a supervisor.  They didn't want to tow the truck if it was not with the RV, but they ended up doing it.  Insurance is thru State Farm now, previously Nat General. 

2001 VNL 660

2018 DRV Fullhouse JX450

2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon

We've had really good luck with Good Sam. They just came out and changed a tire for us on the trailer yesterday, less than 1:40 from call to rolling down the highway, no charge. Last year in July we had two tires blow on the trailer, and twice someone was sent out, the 2nd time with a new tire because we didn't have two spares. Last spring we required a tow of the truck only, they were going to provide it, but we couldn't wait because we were blocking a road. Turned out they would have used the same company, but because we ordered it ourselves they didn't cover it. Our bad, but you can't just block the road when you don't know how long it's going to take. It's pretty inexpensive peace of mind for us.

0509211517a-tiny.jpg.0313fb3892d85eca18617732fa6d04ac.jpg

2007 Freightliner M2-112, 68' connected

2021 New Horizons Majestic 45' toyhauler

2001 Kawasaki Concours

2007 Yamaha V-Star Classic

ALAKAZARCACOCTDEFLGAHIIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMD

1 hour ago, aknavy said:

I just used my Coachnet policy.  There was an initial hiccup that was resolved when I escalated to a supervisor.  They didn't want to tow the truck if it was not with the RV, but they ended up doing it.  Insurance is thru State Farm now,

1 hour ago, aknavy said:

I just used my Coachnet policy.  There was an initial hiccup that was resolved when I escalated to a supervisor.  They didn't want to tow the truck if it was not with the RV, but they ended up doing it.  Insurance is thru State Farm now, previously Nat General. 

State Farm interesting that is who we're having problems with. May. want to check their tow policy.

Good Sam is problematic.  I explained in a long thread about that on this forum several months ago.  You can search and find it.  Subject was Good Sam and towing.  I also spoke to Coachnet and they don’t like tandems.  A lot depends on who answers your distress call whether they will respond or not.  Understand with any of them you are purchasing a service contract NOT insurance.  Sometimes different rules.  Be careful and have everything in writing before you pay a premium and read what they are covering especially the fine print.

Edited by SuiteSuccess

2006 Volvo 780 "Hoss" Volvo D12, 465hp, 1650 ft/lbs tq., ultrashift

Bed Build by "JW Morgan's Custom Welding"

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

2013 Smart Passion Coupe "Itty Bitty"

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first!"

1 hour ago, SuiteSuccess said:

Good Sam is problematic.  I explained in a long thread about that on this forum several months ago.  You can search and find it.  Subject was Good Sam and towing.  I also spoke to Coachnet and they don’t like tandems.  A lot depends on who answers your distress call whether they will respond or not.  Understand with any of them you are purchasing a service contract NOT insurance.  Sometimes different rules.  Be careful and have everything in writing before you pay a premium and read what they are covering especially the fine print.

Just called good Sam's they no longer insure HDT conversions.

Edited by runaway parents

On 6/20/2023 at 4:28 PM, rickeieio said:

Do a search.  It's been discussed to death.  Many of us just self insure.

With absolutely no help from a certain individual above. I think I may have found a insurance company. Thanks for nothing. And for the rest of you that helped out. Thank you. Thank you thanks for the help.

As you all know I'm not the kind of guy that would send an individual that is looking for help finding insurance through outdated Old insurance threads . What a wild goose Chase. That was total waste of time.  We did manage to find a insurance company that would insure the truck and trailer With towing. They are called R v Insurance solutions. They seemed to be pretty reasonable. If interested call Austin waters at. 1-866-417-1639

Edited by runaway parents

While I admit, I was less than tactful, some folks seem to make a habit of asking questions that have been discussed thoroughly before.  So, I would say that in this case, neither of us is blameless.

I'll try to do better.

Edit:  Of the 190 or so subject lines discussed here since Jan 1, 2023, you've started 46.  Just say'n.......

Edited by rickeieio

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row
Young enough to play in the dirt as a retired farmer.
contact me at rickeieio1@comcast.net

3 hours ago, runaway parents said:

As you all know I'm not the kind of guy that would send an individual that is looking for help finding insurance through outdated Old insurance threads . What a wild goose Chase. That was total waste of time.  We did manage to find a insurance company that would insure the truck and trailer With towing. They are called R v Insurance solutions. They seemed to be pretty reasonable. If interested call Austin waters at. 1-866-417-1639

Who is the underwriting company for RVInsurance Solutions 

On 6/24/2023 at 9:42 AM, rickeieio said:

While I admit, I was less than tactful, some folks seem to make a habit of asking questions that have been discussed thoroughly before.  So, I would say that in this case, neither of us is blameless.

I'll try to do better.

Edit:  Of the 190 or so subject lines discussed here since Jan 1, 2023, you've started 46.  Just say'n.......

?

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/24/2023 at 11:42 AM, rickeieio said:

While I admit, I was less than tactful,

I thought I was the king of tacky replies. 
You better be careful Rick, you might damage your reputation :)

MY PEOPLE SKILLS ARE JUST FINE.
~It's my tolerance to idiots that needs work.~

2005 Volvo 780 VED12 465hp / Freedomline transmission
singled mid position / Bed by Larry Herrin
2018 customed Mobile Suites 40KSSB3 

2014 smart Fortwo

13 hours ago, Big5er said:

I thought I was the king of tacky replies. 
You better be careful Rick, you might damage your reputation :)

Phil, 

I thought you were just honest to a fault.  Never tacky….well almost never.  🙄

2006 Volvo 780 "Hoss" Volvo D12, 465hp, 1650 ft/lbs tq., ultrashift

Bed Build by "JW Morgan's Custom Welding"

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

2013 Smart Passion Coupe "Itty Bitty"

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first!"

• 2 weeks later...

The most reliable towing insurance you can get is having a credit card for emergency only. that is your towing insurance. Ask just about any owner operator on the road. 

Having said all that, I have towing added on to my insurance policy at state farm. It cost like $3 a month. They said it covers RVs. I guess when the time comes, we will see if I have to pull out the card or if the insurance will cover it. 

Farmer, Trucker, Equipment operator, Mechanic

Quando omni flunkus moritati-When all else fails, play dead
I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess.

On 7/18/2023 at 4:33 AM, jenandjon said:

The most reliable towing insurance you can get is having a credit card for emergency only. that is your towing insurance. Ask just about any owner operator on the road. 

Having said all that, I have towing added on to my insurance policy at state farm. It cost like $3 a month. They said it covers RVs. I guess when the time comes, we will see if I have to pull out the card or if the insurance will cover it. 

You might want to double check on your towing With State Farm. We thought we had Towing and thought we were paying for it. And when we needed it, they told us they put us on a commercial policy. Which has no towing. We also did not have towing on the Trailer This does not make any sense. We felt they lied to us just to get our Business Needless to say they got replaced.