Yet another useful tool on the Internet

As some of you may know, I suffered a fortunately fairly mild stroke about 6 weeks ago that affected my speech, manual dexterity, and walking. After weeks of speech therapy, my speech is mostly back to normal. However, despite extensive physical therapy, my manual dexterity has not recovered nearly as fully yet, making typing quite difficult. While I was investigating a number of different voice to text tools, I ran across this free tool on the web that has proven to be quite helpful. Using the SpeechNotes dictation tool directly from the website has been quite good at managing my now mild stutter, needing few corrections. The Chromium add-on that allows direct voice to text entry into text boxes like we have in this forum has been a mixed bag though, with some sites working well and others showing a lot of missed words that require too many corrections to be helpful. The website does have provisions for copying text directly into the clipboard for pasting elsewhere though, that does work well. A post this long would probably take me close to an hour without the voice to text tool, and at this point it's only taken me about 10 minutes with just a few corrections.

If any of you have have difficulty typing due to stroke, arthritis, or other health issues, take a look to see if this free speech to text tool would be useful to you. I have no vested interest in the site or the product beyond being a satisfied user.

https://speechnotes.co/

On edit: I forgot to mention they also have a free Android app that also seems to work quite well in the short time I've tried it.

Edited by Dutch_12078
add info

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F-53 Chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/brake system

Thanks Dutch I saved that website. It has lots of options online. 

So glad to hear you're making good progress with your recovery. I lost a brother two years ago who never woke up from a massive stroke.

Edited by RV_

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

Thanks, Derek and Joel! I'm making progress, but not as quickly as I'd like of course. The manual dexterity is the most vexing, but I am seeing small improvements as each day passes. My stutter is pretty much gone unless I get frustrated or aggravated. My overall mobility is better, but my balance is still off. I've "graduated" from a walker to a cane though, so that's good. I'll keep after it, and my doctors say I should expect near normal to normal functionality eventually. My physical therapist is quite pretty though, so maybe I don't want to rush things too  much. ;)

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F-53 Chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/brake system

2 hours ago, Dutch_12078 said:

Thanks, Derek and Joel! I'm making progress, but not as quickly as I'd like of course. The manual dexterity is the most vexing, but I am seeing small improvements as each day passes. My stutter is pretty much gone unless I get frustrated or aggravated. My overall mobility is better, but my balance is still off. I've "graduated" from a walker to a cane though, so that's good. I'll keep after it, and my doctors say I should expect near normal to normal functionality eventually. My physical therapist is quite pretty though, so maybe I don't want to rush things too  much. ;)

Good news Dutch. A physical terrorist by any other name, is still a physical terrorist, albeit hot! 😉

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire