Domicile and Mailing Address

I understand how they're doing it; this statement is from the Good Sam My RV Mail website "Free boondocking on 5 acre property "

So you "could" reside there, as opposed to a UPS Store that has no place to "reside."

Does your d/l contain a box number? Is it different than your mailing number?

-C&J-

CG reviews & more - www.fugawetribe.com

10 hours ago, jbh said:

None of these domiciles receive. hold or forward mail; they are not PMBs. There are associated PMBs with different addresses.

You are confusing different issues. A domicile is not just an address. It is a legal term for the place that you do enough things to qualify as your domicile and that may or may not have anything to do with where you get mail. DOMICILE Definition & Legal Meaning

The term PMB or Private Mail Box is determined by USPS regulations and they must be registered with the USPS.  Private Mailbox Addresses

The issue of what qualifies for use in acquiring and maintaining a driver's license, vehicle registration, any type of insurance, voter registration, and a host of other issues are determined by the laws of each state and only a few states allow the use of any type of mail service for those purposes. The majority of states require the use of an address of a specific, physical home address that is not a business. 

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

On 4/2/2023 at 9:19 PM, Kirk W said:

You are confusing different issues. A domicile is not just an address. It is a legal term for the place that you do enough things to qualify as your domicile and that may or may not have anything to do with where you get mail. DOMICILE Definition & Legal Meaning

The term PMB or Private Mail Box is determined by USPS regulations and they must be registered with the USPS.  Private Mailbox Addresses

The issue of what qualifies for use in acquiring and maintaining a driver's license, vehicle registration, any type of insurance, voter registration, and a host of other issues are determined by the laws of each state and only a few states allow the use of any type of mail service for those purposes. The majority of states require the use of an address of a specific, physical home address that is not a business. 

Thank you for the help in explaining the issue.  I posted this question on another forum and everyone keeps trying to tell me that no one uses the term "domicile" as I am using it.  So I have posted the following:

Domicile: the place where you physically live, not necessarily the same place where you receive your mail.

Mailing address: the place where you receive your mail, not necessarily the same place where you physically live.

Most states will not let you use a PO Box as your domicile address.  It must be an actual, physical spot on the map...and the address of the post office does not count.

Of the several RV parks I have looked into in the area of AZ where are going to put down stakes, none of them will allow you to use their address for anything other than the occasional FedEx delivery.  They all say that if the start receiving regular USPS mail they will toss it.  And I don't blame them.

CA Dept of Fish & Wildlife (Ret)

US Navy (Ret)

2023 RAM 2500 Tradesman, 6.4L Hemi, 2x4, Reg cab, 8' bed, GVWR 10,000#, Cargo Cap 3913#, Tow Cap 15,540#

1 hour ago, Tulecreeper said:

Of the several RV parks I have looked into in the area of AZ where are going to put down stakes, none of them will allow you to use their address for anything other than the occasional FedEx delivery. 

You could rent a PO Box at your nearest postal office or at a place like the UPS Store to get your mail. The only problem with that is that the state of AZ does not accept those addresses for things like your driving license, vehicle registration, insurance, or voter registration, unless things have changed. Arizona Proof of Residency

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

The answer to the jury duty summons has been well answered.  Simply let them know the facts.

Additionally, if I were you, I would visit a "Authorized Third Party Drivers License" location and tell them what you need.
Here: https://azdot.gov/node/4881
These "satellite" offices of the DMV have been very helpful and the wait time relatively short compared to the zoo at the main DMV facility. 

Lastly and less relevant, I read the Arizona drivers license manual years ago and it stated that if you live in Arizona more than six months you are considered a resident.  That's debatable in my opinion because how would the state know?  I've done it a few times without problem.  

Lance-white-sands-500.jpg

~Rich