New Escapees Member Closest DMV and Driver's license location.

Welcome to the forums! Happy to have you with us. I am a former Kansan and have family in Wichita area. 

In order to register your vehicles in TX you will need to have an address in the county of registration. For a driver's license, you can use any TX address since it is a state function and not by county but you can't do either of those using an address in Wichita. The DMV office nearest to you would be the one in Gainsville, TX which is on I35 just south of the TX-OK border.

Address: 206 W California St, Gainesville, TX 76240

Hours: 8am - 5pm

Phone: (940) 641-7791

Edited by Kirk W

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

21 minutes ago, Kirk W said:

Welcome to the forums! Happy to have you with us. I am a former Kansan and have family in Wichita area. 

In order to register your vehicles in TX you will need to have an address in the county of registration. For a driver's license, you can use any TX address since it is a state function and not by county but you can't do either of those using an address in Wichita. The DMV office nearest to you would be the one in Gainsville, TX which is on I35 just south of the TX-OK border.

Address: 206 W California St, Gainesville, TX 76240

Phone: (940) 641-7791

Thanks so much for the information. Safe Travels to you as well.

1 hour ago, Steven M Seachris said:

if my address is in Livingston, TX. I need to Regester my vehicles in the county Livingston is in. Correct?

Correct as there is a small county fee and vehicle registrations are by county. You can get a TX driver's license at any of their offices since it is completely a state function. We presently live in a Dallas suburb but when we were on the road we never did renew in Livingston and I moved my license to our Livingston address with just an address change.  Also you can renew a TX driver's license every other time online but the other renewal is in person to get a new picture and the eye test. 

For vehicle registration you need to contact the Polk Co. Treasurer.

Located in: Polk County Office Annex

Address: 602 E Church St #101, Livingston, TX 77351

Phone: (936) 327-6816

Edited by Kirk W
add information

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

6 hours ago, Kirk W said:

Correct as there is a small county fee and vehicle registrations are by county. You can get a TX driver's license at any of their offices since it is completely a state function. We presently live in a Dallas suburb but when we were on the road we never did renew in Livingston and I moved my license to our Livingston address with just an address change.  Also you can renew a TX driver's license every other time online but the other renewal is in person to get a new picture and the eye test. 

For vehicle registration you need to contact the Polk Co. Treasurer.

Located in: Polk County Office Annex

Address: 602 E Church St #101, Livingston, TX 77351

Phone: (936) 327-6816

Thanks for the information, this is very helpful.

• 3 months later...