Solar battery cable / 200 amp fuse burned

BlueSkoolie

I am heading to Livingston, TX to Rainbow's End RV Park and the Escapee headquarters for the first time. I have a cable that is coming off my solar batteries and into a 200 amp fuse that melted. It didn't overload and pop the fuse, the inbound wire and the box around the fuse melted. I could smell it and it was too hot to touch until I could turn off the power to that area and cool it down. I will leave it off until I can get it looked at, so my question is, who in the Livingston area would be good for this problem? Hoping I can call ahead and make an appointment for it to be addressed as soon as I get there!

Thanks for any leads you have,

Robin Tafoya

2003 Bluebird TC2000 / Skoolieimage.thumb.jpeg.98b0488443bcf6a020fa8a2bdd082672.jpeg

Robin, hope you find someone to help with your problem, West RV on the right heading into Livingston would be my suggestion, but I really don’t know if they have THE person. Best would be to find a fellow SKP in the park to help you out.

Dave W. KE5GOH

Stuck in the 70's ---

In E. Texas

On 11/11/2022 at 12:06 PM, BlueSkoolie said:

I have a cable that is coming off my solar batteries and into a 200 amp fuse that melted. It didn't overload and pop the fuse, the inbound wire and the box around the fuse melted.

Are you saying the Wire melted or only the wire insulation. It looked like maybe you a loose connection. Do you have Alum wire with copper connector?

Enjoy visit in Livingston, a great group of people willing to help RV'ers

Clay

Clay & Marcie Too old to play in the snow

Diesel pusher and previously 2 FW and small Class C