Dual receiver won’t show HD channels

The first questions are...

What model receiver do you have and next is what antenna are you using?

In the set-up menus you can select both HD and SD or individually.  Make sure this set to BOTH.

Ken

Amateur radio operator, 2023 Cougar 22MLS, 2022 F150 Lariat 4x4 Off Road, Sport trim <br />Travel with 1 miniature schnauzer, 1 standard schnauzer and one African Gray parrot

We have found that when we are east of the Mississippi River, a lot of the HD channels are on the eastern arc satellites.  The Traveler is western arc, 110, 119 and 129 satellites.  Could you check with Dish and see if the channels you are looking for are on eastern arc.  

Ken

Amateur radio operator, 2023 Cougar 22MLS, 2022 F150 Lariat 4x4 Off Road, Sport trim <br />Travel with 1 miniature schnauzer, 1 standard schnauzer and one African Gray parrot

Are you getting any HD channels at all? Keep reading if you get your nationwide HDs (Comedy Central, USA, etc.) but not your local HDs (CBS, NBC, etc.)

We have a Western Arc Trav’ler and haven’t received local HDs since April (in KY, IN, MI, OH, NY, PA, MD, VA, NC, SC). Every time I called Dish I got a different answer. The only one that made sense was that most local stations in the East carry their HD channels on satellite 61 (Eastern Arc), but carry SD channels on both Eastern and Western Arc satellites. I’m almost positive we got local HDs when we visited the East Coast in 2018, but it’s possible something has changed since then.

As you probably know, Prime Time Any Time only works with local HD channels. To get PTAT, you need to use the Trav’ler’s Manual Mode to select satellite 61. After it’s acquired, go into the Diagnostics page in your Hopper settings and select Dish, then Test Installation. That will change your Switch Installation to 61. (Just remember to do it again when you go back to Western Arc.)

I don’t know if 61 carries all premium programming (Starz, sports packages, etc.)

There's more to see than can ever be seen

More to do than can ever be done