Windows Powertoys. Power users will know this but for everyone else?

RV_

This really for developers and power users but I use it only for image resizer because the last standalone download it for Windows 10 and I needed the newest Windows 11 program versions.

Before installing this especially if you don't use Windows "File Explorer," do a system image or clone to a spare drive or backup your files as these are powerful tools and you use them at your own risk.

Here is the Explanation of Windows Powertoys and even for me their explanation of it and image resizer, which used to opn source by Brice Lambson, was included a few years ago. I have been using is since XP and then Win 7/8/8.1/10, and today Windows 11 but I had to install powertoys first.

Image resizer resizes images that you select in File explorer. You select one by right clicking on it and a new addition to the drop down menu is image resizer. You click it ad a menu on what size pops up. I use "small" which is the default so when I click resize it creates a much smaller image that is still clear and in proporetion - usable. Excellent for emailing multiple images that might be rejected for size.

Here is the link to Powertoys: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/powertoys/                         

The download is at the top and I use a Windows 11 64 bit system now so I selected the Windows x64.exe file and downloaded it, then right clicked on it in downloads and ran it as administrator.

If you are already a power user the video inthe powertoys link is more geareed towards us - first click on that link three lines up, and then scroll way down to the video "PowerToys video walk-through" Watch it first. It is a very powerful set of utilities and the Image resizer automatically is added to the right click drop down menu when you right click on a picture in Windows explorer.

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

Important. Do not install Windows 11 following this video until you watch the last part for the caveats starting at 14:05 in the video.

If you have an older computer that is quad core and 64 bit that you don't use anymore and is not the computer you suse daily or rely on, that is the only way I would do this. Well except that I would make a system image or clone the original drive if it is a good Windows 10 computer I might later decide to sell or give to  family member. Then I can revert it back to Windows 10 if the Windows 11 System just doesn't work right on that system, or if Microsoft decides to not allow any like Apple did with Hackintosh PCs that went around the Apple security chip.

Edited by RV_

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire