Need Short-Term Residency

We had businesses in Louisiana and Workman's Comp was outrageous even required when we opted out of covering us, the only people in our company. Of course we had construction companies her flipping houses and me doing large modern post frame steel buildings on slabs. It depends on the industry type. Do check on it for your type of biz. 

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

Maybe that's what I will do.  I thought for 3 months I would just leave everything as it was, but worried if I was in an accident that I might have a problem - license, registration, insurance.  I just left a note through escapees site for a free consult with a law firm that specialized in domicile.  I will also check and see if I can find a mailbox company that might work out.

On 6/16/2021 at 7:54 AM, Shelley said:

Hi! I’m in the process of selling my house and found myself in a similar situation. I needed to change my address but, for reasons involved with selling my house, can’t get an out of state address just yet. I was in a UPS (not USPS don’t confuse the two) one day and noticed they had mailboxes.

I asked about it and they provide a mail service too. I now have a physical address, I have 24 hour access, and they will forward my mail on my request. It’s not as fancy of a service as Escapees, etc. but it was what I needed to bridge the gap. 

Check around to see if there is a local service that you can use.

Shelley

Haulinit 

Thanks. I will check on it.  I get almost all my mail online, just for this reason.

• 3 weeks later...

Looks like you are on the right track. Let us know what you find out for the next ones. Then it is here on this resource for others too.

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire