Escapees RV Parks, Inc. - A New Option for Bringing in More Parking for RVers

20 hours ago, Vladimir said:

As a leaseholder in a Co-op I really don't understand why the Co-ops do NOT cut their ties with the Petersons.  

I understand the history, but the legal issues can easily bring down a co-op.  There is a fundamental difference between a for profit outfit and a Co-op.  

Nothing wrong with either set up, but the objectives of those two legal entities is fundamentally different.

To give you an example, some folks remember WHOOPS in Washington state. 

The Public Utility District in my county REFUSED to join WHOOPS.  It was the ONLY one in Washington state. 

When WHOOPS went bankrupt and the bondholders sued a JUDGE ruled that since the County was a member of an organization of Public Utility Districts in Washington state AND that organization endorsed WHOOPS....... my county PUD was LIABLE because they were members of an organization of Public Utility Districts.

I can give other examples, but the bottom line is WHY are the Co-op Parks still affiliated with Escapees in ANY manner.

I am curious and would like to learn a few things if you don’t mine, like why you feel that Escapes should cut ties with all the co-ops?  Is it just the not for profit business model or something else? I would also be interested in learning more about the history of the co-ops formations and the legal issues that caused the change in direction, is there any place to gather that from? Thanks