Class C vs. Small Class a RVs

lmathies

Hi, I am looking at getting an RV in the 24-26 foot length range.   I was looking at  a 24 foot Class C diesel  on a Sprinter Frame vs. a small Class A diesel  such as a Itasca Reyo 25 Q or Winnebago Via 25  or similar RV   I believe the Reyo and Via are also on a  Mercedes Benz Sprinter Frame.   Does anyone have experience with these and could offer some insight?      

I had been looking at an older Dynaquest 260 but have concerns over only having a sofa bed and not an actual bed and the comfort it would provide although I do like the build of the Dynaquest.

• 1 month later...

My wife and I are in our 70's. Our experience is with a 1996 25 ft class C Jayco with a bed over cab (my spot) and a rear queen bed for my wife. (We have no animals or kids.) It is pure joy to travel in and to live in. It would be a challenge to fulltime in it as a boondocker, lacking the large gray and black tanks as well as the freshwater tank. It does great in a 5 week trip.

You will have no problem with storage. It's built on a E-350 Ford chassis. Everything was trouble-free across our two maiden voyages.

We got into this for $10K. 

1-1/2 ton Toyota pickup. Bought a Hyundai Elantra (manual transmission) as our future toad. Next, the motorhome to pull it!

Funny, I also looked at a Dynaquest 260, and also did not like the sofa bed, pretty well made the coach useless when bed was out. Ended up with a Sprinter based unit with twin beds in the back and a single slide in the front. Like it because it is completely practical with slide in, Great for stealth camping.

Foretravel 40ft tag 500hp Cummins ISM  1455 watts on the roof, 600 a/h's lithium in the basement.