Thousand Trails Membership Options...

aztex

Hi,

I'm currently on a free year pass from buying a new RV. While not the ideal situation all the time it is pretty helpful and does save money as all of the ~8 parks I've stayed at have been well kept and safe.

I see numerous membership options when I search online but TT does not seem to offer any of the better ones on it's site. The ones that allow 3 weeks stay and moving directly to another park.

I understand buying a pre-owned membership perfectly acceptable but I can't find any information on TT about what possible benfits there could be from buying directly. It appears they no longer offer such plans...

Anyone have any insights to this? Am I just missing it? There's dozens of other sites that explain them but nothing on TT dot com....

BTW. They don't answer the phone or emails so that may be my first red flag but curious none the less!

Thanks!

Edited by aztex

Most everyone recommends Campground Membership Outlet for both selling and purchasing used memberships.  They make their money from the transfer fees, so it doesn't cost you any extra for using their service.  Also, they have a reputation for responding to inquiries quickly.  Their website is: https://www.campgroundmembershipoutlet.com/ .

I'd check with them for prices and, while you are at it ask them what the difference would be between a new membership and the used one they price for you. 

In our case we started off with a used membership and then went through Thousand Trails to upgrade it.  Our used membership has some perks that new ones don't have so we wanted to keep those perks while adding all the advantages of the new one.  It probably cost us a bit more but we did get more for our money. 

Our "Here and There" Blog

2005 Safari Cheetah Motorhome

1 hour ago, GR "Scott" Cundiff said:

Most everyone recommends Campground Membership Outlet for both selling and purchasing used memberships.  They make their money from the transfer fees, so it doesn't cost you any extra for using their service.  Also, they have a reputation for responding to inquiries quickly.  Their website is: https://www.campgroundmembershipoutlet.com/ .

I'd check with them for prices and, while you are at it ask them what the difference would be between a new membership and the used one they price for you. 

In our case we started off with a used membership and then went through Thousand Trails to upgrade it.  Our used membership has some perks that new ones don't have so we wanted to keep those perks while adding all the advantages of the new one.  It probably cost us a bit more but we did get more for our money. 

Thanks,

It's drag because I can't find out WHAT the plans would cost new...I'm sure more but if a payment plan...may make more attractive...

I guess they change plans over time but still honor old plans. It's still strange to me they would accept them and seems like they could cut it off at anytime without warning although I know this has been going on for some time...

52 minutes ago, aztex said:

Thanks,

It's drag because I can't find out WHAT the plans would cost new...I'm sure more but if a payment plan...may make more attractive...

I guess they change plans over time but still honor old plans. It's still strange to me they would accept them and seems like they could cut it off at anytime without warning although I know this has been going on for some time...

One of the nicknames for the organization is "Thousand Plans" because so many different plans have been sold through the years.  Aside from the Zone Passes, many of the plans can be resold or willed to family members, etc.  One of the advantages of working with the reseller I linked to is that they help you cut through the fog and understand what you are getting. 

BTW, our plan is a NACO-Alliance upgraded to Elite.  The "Alliance" portion guarantees that we can always book 30 days farther out than any other member.  Right now I can book a site 210 days out.  As campgrounds get more and more full that's a nice option to have.

Our "Here and There" Blog

2005 Safari Cheetah Motorhome