Awning LED Lights

Twotoes

I have a 2015 Itasca 42QD. The awnings have LED lights, both front and back. The awnings work fine but the LEDs won’t turn on. The front and back each have a separate switch but neither one turns on. I pulled out the panel next to the passenger seat and found the fuse was blown. I replaced the fuse but it just pops again so I know there must be a short. What I don’t understand is why both awnings don’t work if they each have a separate on/off switch. Do have have a common neutral? There is a rats nest of wires in there and I am at a loss as to how to trace this short. Has anyone else had this problem? 

2015 Itasca Ellipse 42QD

2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Hard Rock Edition

2021 Harley Street Glide Special 

Fulltimer

13 hours ago, Twotoes said:

Do have have a common neutral?

If the LED lights are 12V, which I suspect that they are, then there is no neutral other than to connect to the most available chassis ground. Even if there were such it would not cause a fuse to open since the grounds all become common anyway. You have a short somewhere in the positive side and since turning off the switches does nothing, that would indicate that the problem is between the two switches and the power fuse. 

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI