2020 Porsche Taycan vs. Tesla Model S Performance: Rival EVs compared Finally, some competition.

RV_

All of us have waited for the other manufacturers to catch up and it turns out to be one of my top five brands I've owned. I restored a 1973 Porsche 911 Targa in 1998 and we loved it but we got orders to Germany and ours was a US spec Targa for 55 mph. So we bought and took a 1978 Dodge Little Red Express truck that was like new. But I digress. Porsche has introduced the Taycan!

Excerpt:

"It's about time. For years, the Tesla Model S has lived as the only full-size luxury electric sedan, happily soaking up all the cash from well-heeled buyers looking to green with a six-figure price tag. Its most powerful variant, the Tesla Model S Performance, boasts some serious performance chops, to boot.

But now, there's another sheriff in town, and its name is Porsche Taycan. Revealed Wednesday, Porsche's first battery-electric vehicle is ready to bring the German automaker's brand of sporting pretensions to a segment ripe for competition. So how does it stack up against its chief competitor? Let's find out. For the purpose of this comparison, we'll be using the Taycan's most powerful variant thus far, the Taycan Turbo S.

The conclusion?

"Down to brass tacks

On paper, the Porsche Taycan Turbo S and the Tesla Model S Performance are pretty darn similar. Yet, it appears a fair bit more performance-oriented than the Model S, thanks to inclusions like standard carbon-ceramic brakes. The Model S, on the other hand, keeps things a little more livable, with more cargo capacity, interior space and range. It all comes down to how you like your steak prepared, really. Will this hypothesis hold up once we get to drive the Taycan? Keep your eyes peeled to Roadshow to find out."

Click here to read more about the 2020 Porsche Taycan."

The full article has pics and side by side specs comparing it to a Tesla Model S: https://www.cnet.com/roadshow/news/porsche-taycan-tesla-model-s-performance-comparison/

It's happening!

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

Archived